Prolougue

13 years ago

"Get up from my seat" I hear a grumpy voice. I look up and meet the most alluring pair of eyes, that held me captive, instantly.

"Are you deaf?" I shake my head and realize what's happening.

"No I won't get up from here" I grit out. "I was the one who was here first, so you'll have to sit somewhere else" I manage to speak out, still focused on those emerald green eyes.

"But I sit here, everyday." The boy whines dramatically. He turns around and searches for someone and then shouts "Ryan, tell her to get up from my seat"

The bus driver turns around from his seat who's name I presume is Ryan, he glances between  us and tells "Kid, she's right. She was there first and now you can't tell her to move just because that's your favorite seat"

The boy looks towards me and folds his hand around his chest trying to act intimidating but I was too stubborn to leave my place, so I mimicked his actions and glared at him. We kept groaning and glaring at each other until the driver from his seat suggested "Kidoo why don't you sit beside her,huh? Just for today ?"

"No I won't sit near her. She probably smells like dog poop and her pigtails look so ugly" he complains.

"I don't smell like poop and my hair is very pretty. If anything you are the one who is ugly with those funny glasses which are too big for your face and those muddy shoes" I retort back

He looks down at his shoes and fixes his glasses with his hand. " But mama says, I look good in these glasses" he says, sadness evident in his voice.

I feel bad by making fun of him so I say "Hey, don't worry, she's right you look very cute. I was just fooling you. Do you want some of this?" I offer him my hand which contened skittles.

He looks at me for a sometimes and then cracks a small smile before sitting beside me and then he says "Yeah, I love skittles. My mama always buys me whenever she goes for shopping." He takes some from my hands and starts eating them at once.

"Would you like to sit in your favorite seat?" I ask him.

"No, it's okay. You can sit there." He says and takes some more skittles from me. "We will sit together, everyday, okay?" He asks slightly hesitant.

"Yeah, I'd love to sit with you..." I trail of not knowing his name.

"Atlas, Atlas Riccardo" he offers

" I'd love to sit with you Atlas. My name is Grace Parker" I say him, smiling a bit.

"Grace" he murmurs and says "That's a beautiful name,  Grace" he joins our pinky and says "Would you like to be my friend, Grace?"

"Yeah, sure" I say and offer him a genuine smile.

He smiled and the whole ride we talked and got to know about each other.

7 years ago

I don't know for how long, I'm sitting out here in the garden and watching those mesmerizing lilac flowers. They are so pretty and tantalizing.  The long shaped panicles covered in tiny, cute flowers.

My admiration for those flowers gets interrupted when I hear a voice calling my name "Gracie!!!!" I look up and see my favorite person, Atlas, my best friend.

"Hey, Atlas. How was school? Did you miss your precious bestfriend there?" I suggest playfully, getting up from where I was sitting and walking up to him.

"School was boring without you, Gracie. I missed you so much." He says and embraces me in a hug. I wrap my hands around his body and chuckle against his chest.