Astro's Expedition: Origins Part 1

Credits to @The_Firelady on Discord and the Sky's Journey Discord Server for some of the Spirit names

This story can also be found on my Tumblr: TheAstralCalamity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once upon a time, in a Kingdom freshly fallen. At an Ark long Forgotten...

A star was born.

Ozujel, whom we know as the Scarecrow Farmer, was the first to see it. Whilst tending to the fields, a burst of light from the clouds caught his eye. As if falling from the moon, a flickering light made its way down, down towards the wreckage of the Ark.

Marudeva, the Enchantment Guide, had too seen this bright light, which now hurtled towards him at an alarming rate. The star made no noise as it fell, no brilliant explosion as it made contact with the ground. Instead, it floated gently to the sandy floor. It came to rest in front of Marudeva, squinting to see past the star's radiance.

The light slowly faded, to which Marudeva can finally see the star's true form.

A child. Curled up on the floor. Breathing. Alive.

The rest of the Spirits had gathered, curious to see the fallen star.

One thing was certain; the Megabird had blessed them. The Ark would no longer be forgotten, a living soul to remember them all.

Marudeva tentatively knelt down, slowly scooping the child up in his arms. They were warm to the touch, not burning like the star they were. And in that moment, he knew. He knew what her name was.

"Lucia. Lucia Winterborne. Our shining light in a cold, dark world."