wait for me

i can still remember your sweet smile, the crimson butterflies fluttering around you wherever you go, your warm aura, everything.

everyday the more i saw you the more attached i got. feelings overflow, dreams reverberate. the world was in a constant hue of peaches, my heart melted whenever you were around.

what are these feelings and when have they started, i wonder..

we fought many battles together. you had my back and i had yours. or so i thought...

at last good things ought to come to an end. lacing our bloody fingers together, stay. please, tao. stay with me. i was desperate i didnt want to let you go. embracing your badly beaten up motionless body was something i never thought id be doing.

"xiao, i love you. thank you for ev..." your words got cut off as your heartbeat slowed to a stop.

why. why had you left me stranded there. i dont know what to do without you. i had just lost the love of my life, what am i supposed to do?

is this how it ends? how can fate be this cruel. if i hadnt been so focused on protecting myself, you wouldnt be dead. this is all my fault, that shouldve been me who died.

now all i have of you are just memories, my heart is trembling. all i want, tao, is to hear your voice again. every morning i wake up reaching for you but youre not there. it has been nearly 3 years, and frankly, i cannot take it anymore.

my love, i will be with you soon, wait for me okay?