Getting Back to Normal

Without our mom and dad we don't feel the same. I just remember when they left they seemed so different, so scared like something was going to get them, like someone was trying to scare them. This morning we had a visitor. A middle aged lady came and asked me a few questions. We went into the dinning hall and at the door I saw all my sisters giving worried looks to me. I gave them a signal that showed everything was ok. So they left. The lady I found out was named Janet. She asked me "Who do you think will become king and queen, now that they are gone." I didn't know what to say because obviously it's me. So I told her I would become queen. She answered "Don't you think that someone older or more responsible should rule our kingdom?" That kind of put me in a awkward position because my parents always told me I would become queen no matter what and what would happen if someone else were to become queen would then they be the royal family? That couldn't be right, our family has ruled for so long, it would be impossible to even imagine someone becoming the royal family. One day a little girl told me she would love to become a princess, but it isn't as fun as movies make it seem. You have to live up to really big expectations and you can't say no when all of the cameras are around. You're not free to make your own decisions. I told her, I explained that I have been preparing for Queen for my whole life. One of our maids rushed that lady away out of our house. They told me the crowning ceremony would be a week from now. So they took me out to the shops to get a dress.