Tutorial For Book Cover

How to Create Simple Yet Stunning Wattpad Book Covers

Hey there, Wattpaders!

Do you want to create beautiful covers for your books, but you don't know where to start? All you want is an eye-catching cover, but you're overwhelmed at the thought of graphic design. Plus, what program should you use? I use Canva (it's free) to make my Wattpad covers, and I'm here to show you how to do it. Plus, stay tuned for a Canva text trick at the end to make your book covers stand out even more.

There are two ways to create a Wattpad book cover with Canva.

The first is to start from scratch (my favourite), find your images, and add text/elements yourself. The second way to make a Wattpad book cover in Canva is to sort through their different book cover templates until you come up with the Wattpad Book Cover option. We'll be going over the details of both of these book cover making methods.

Oh, and let's be friends! Follow me on Wattpad. If you're on Instagram, you connect me there too. So without further ado,
Let's get started.

Making a Wattpad Book Cover from Scratch with Canva

Head over to Canva, and on the right side of the homepage, click Custom dimensions. Wattpad suggests book cover dimensions of 512 x 800 px, so enter those dimensions, and then hit Create a new design.

 Wattpad suggests book cover dimensions of 512 x 800 px, so enter those dimensions, and then hit Create a new design

After that, you’ll be taken into the editor (pictured below). Before we go any further, I’m going to explain the black toolbar on the left side.

Top Option - Canva templates. Most of these are for social media, but you can create a fun book cover out of them if you want. But we’ll go into Wattpad cover templates in part two of this post.

Picture Option - You guessed it—pictures. Some of them are free, and some of them cost a dollar each. I’d recommend sticking to the free ones, and if you can’t find what you need through search, hit up a site like Unsplash or Pexels. They’re full of free stock images you can use for your book covers.