My shining day

1st person short story which I did for school originally but edited out of boredom

Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________________

This is it my time to shine...

The edge of the building, this is all it takes a weightless step and down I fall, my stampede heart races faster than freak train my breathe an orchestra of sounds never staying the same for long; this is that was left: me, the fall, then the landing.

I gaze upon her face with an un coordinated awe, her trophy bronze eyes glistened as the morning sun, reflected her beauty. Her hair, surrounding her head cradled it with a loving embrace as she sweeps it from her face.

 Her gaze meets mine, her face creases as she sticks her tongue out at me the smiles at my shocked expression, taking my arm she hauls me out of the house my feet stagger as I cant find a single piece of imperfection with her.

  I was the luckiest man in the world.

Little did I know her mind was full of undignified thoughts.

As we walk through the isles of a forest she screams with delight as she sees her favourite thing in the world. Monkeys. She impatiently sprints to the side of one of the human descendants.

“awwwwr” she exclaims with a longing expression of joy and white purity.

As we stand, embracing each other with white love, she turns to me and kisses my lips.

I blush with surprise and kiss her back.

***

The music plays its calming lullaby’s as her pearl white dress floats gracefully behind her, my eyes widen with astonishment as her  hair floats lifelessly around her head.

She walks with such grace that she looks as if she’s floating down the red carpet isles. She’s my star today.

We take each others hands as the priest calls out his words I manage to build a shaky smile, her cool expression and satin soft hands stop my hands from trembling as we hold on to each other never wanting this day to end that we could live this moment a thousand times over.

The priest calls out his last words.

“do take her to be your wife?”

“I do” I proclaim, and can only just about contain my happiness.

“and do you take him to be your husband”

“I do” she says which such calm she could turn a war zone to a stand still.

With that we gaze into each others eyes and kiss, with a passion that explodes like a thousand fireworks.

***

“what do you think your doing with him!” I below with such power it could shake the house we now own.

“its not you its me, I just needed time to sort things out it was nothing”

“nothing? You slept with him! How many times? Once? Twice? More? I cant believe you, I should have suspected you from the start!”

I watch as her eyes fill with joy she knows im going to get this divorce as soon as possible she never loved me she never has done, if she did love me she wouldn’t be swaning off with this new bloke.

My sight meets hers, my heart stops like it just slammed on the breaks then starts again with a fresh anger I walk towards her fury and revenge deep in my eyes, but then something new takes over all this anger I feel just vanishes. Sorrow now has its playground.

I lower my gaze, she knows she hurt me more than anything else ever has, but she feels no pity just joy that she’ll be rid of me.

“leave” I whisper

“what?”

“leave!” I scream my anger and hatred coming back.

She bolts for the door but before she gets there she looks back. My well eyes swell as water rises to the surface, this was my day and I didn’t feel like living anymore.

The next day is see her but she’s not by herself, she’s with another man, I quickly spin around a dart for the nearest corner all I can see is her happy smug little face lighting up as she walks along side him grasping his arm the way she used to with me.

When did my life turn to this?

Cold, alone and depressed.

 If misery loves company then im going to be its new best friend.

Im on the side of the street, its damp, cold and im alone. Its night. The sky is showered with stars and the moon shines brighter than ever, sweat drips from my cheeks like waterfalls, I don’t know how this happened when I look back I don’t know what I did wrong, she didn’t even tell me. My heart sinks deeper every time I think of her face and then his, anger builds inside like an erupting volcano.

I’ve lost my job the love of my life, even my family and friends have started to turn I don’t know why that is I thought of all people they’d be the ones to stand by me, but through out all of that there’s always certain words that cross my mind everyday, everyday hour, every minute and every second.

Suicide.

I don’t know why this mundane thought keeps popping into my head but it’s the only thing that I could think of that would be the end of my troubles I know thinking about it is selfish and I don’t realise how much it would hurt my family and friends even if they are starting to hate me.

But it’s the only solution each day the idea becomes more vivid in my imagination, I could slit my own throat it would be over quickly and all my troubles would just slip away as the light fades from my eyes, or jump of a tall building sure the fall would be a bit horrific and all the things I was leaving behind would go through my mind and when it was to late id change my mind and there would be nothing I could do about it... but that would be the easiest way to do it.

***

Trembling, I walk, slowly, up the steps my heart races a thousand beats per second nobody knows im here. The buildings closed. Some maintenance workers are still dashing around eager to finish there work to get back home to the loving, caring and ever patient family.

my foot slips as I climb shakily, each step feels as if im dragging a ton of bricks on them my I lousily climb ever higher and a with each foreboding step there’s a voice inside my head screaming, shouting for me to stop “you don’t need to do this everything’s going to be alright” I try pushing the voice down deep into the cages of my mind submitting it to be silent until the time is right...

This is it my time to shine...