Dodger

When I saved Oliver from the New York streets, he kind of became like a son to me. OK, granted, he was a ginger cat and I'm a Jack Russell, but we became fast friends in a short space of time, so naturally, it was inevitable I'd be a great dad.

When I saw Rita with our pups for the first time, I felt emotions come crashing over me like a tidal wave; happiness, sadness, I wasn't sure how to describe it; it all hit so close to home for me; my dad had died when I was a puppy, and my mom, I got separated from her when I was young, and never saw her again.

Any fears that I had of not being a great dad have now long since vanished, and my pups are proof of that.

The eldest Jack clearly takes after me; he has my build, and is an almost perfect carbon copy of me; he even has my personality; cocky, not afraid to say what he thinks, but overall kindhearted.

Our two middle kids, Stella and Lila, are a mixture of both their mom and their dad; looks-wise, Stella resembles Rita, but her fur is more of cream and brown color, not to mention she's not afraid to tell it like it is; I guess it runs on Rita's side of the family; by contrast, Lila is much more softspoken, and looks almost like Rita but with my coloring, but she likes to get in a few quips here and there. 

The youngest, Sam-we call him the baby, even though he hates-it-is practically a dead ringer for me. He's excitable, funny and always curious about everything he gets himself into; kinda like me at his age.

Having pups is such an amazing and life-changing experience, and I'm the best dad that New York has to offer; from the minute the kids could walk, I've been teaching them everything; how to steal hot dogs, how to car-surf; they even love seeing Oliver and putting that prissy poodle Georgette in her place!

No matter what the future holds for us, through thick and thin, I know that me, the gang and the pups will face it, head on, together.