Makes Me Feel Good

(Sannochieyomi/Nikei x Setsuka x Mikado)
[gift for @criticalerr0r!! Sorry it's so short haha. Also idk how often this book will be updated cause I'm not really in the fandom anymore but I'll still write for it!!]

WARNING: Spoilers for chapter 3, angst

Nikei's first instinct was to scream. Of course he couldn't do that, so he pushed it down, down, down further until he didn't feel the need to emote beyond the look of horror on his face. Hibiki screamed for him, somewhat satisfying the overwhelming urge to cry out in anguish. Bright pink blood spilled down pillars, all sourced from Setsuka's limbs. She was dead. Dismembered. God, it was so gruesome. Just who the hell did this? Hajime and Emma were already dead and there was no way in hell Iroha did this. His eyes darted around the room. They hadn't expected anyone outside of Void to kill. Someone here was utterly insane.

His gaze found its way to Mikado who was silently staring at her scattered corpse, face emotionless. He couldn't bring himself to look shocked or angry or sad or happy or any sort of emotion. But despite this, Nikei could tell he was ready to rip whoever had done this to her apart. The most painful death for the most sinful act someone could carry out.

There was utter shock in the room, everyone clearly devastated by Setsuka's death. Yoruko and Iroha were tightly gripping onto Sora's arms. Hibiki was sobbing into Kanade who was stroking her hair, desperately clinging onto her sister for comfort. Yuki was silently being hugged by Shinji. Syobai looked in awe, smoking a cigarette.

Nikei and Mikado stood alone, neither comforted even though they desperately needed to be.

Most everyone began to investigate. Nikei stood unmoving, still shocked. He only noticed the blond casually strolling up to him when he was reaching out to grab his wrist. He would usually try to pull away from his touch, but couldn't find the strength to fight him today. In one swift motion, Mikado teleported them both away without anyone noticing.

Nikei was slammed into the side of the lighthouse, choked by Mikado's tight grip on his neck.

"You bastard!" He laughed a cold, angry laugh. "So, this was your plan all along then? Get me to fall in love with you and Setsuka just to rip her away from me? And you, too! You'll be executed and I'll make sure it's the most painful death you could ever experience," he spat.

Nikei clawed at the gloved hands holding him hostage. "N-n...not... m...e" The air was draining from the journalist's lungs as he desperately tried to get his words out. "D...Didn't-"

"Oh, so you didn't do this!" His words were venom. "Lie to me one more time and I'll snap your neck." Nikei's vision was plagued with black spots as he began to lose consciousness. Mikado, realizing that Setsuka's murder wouldn't be solved if he killed him let go of the other man's neck. Nikei slumped to the ground as he gasped for air.

"I... I didn't do shit to her," he croaked. "I loved her as much as you. And I love you, you know that. I wouldn't do that." The ravenette watched as Mikado racked his brain, trying to think of a logical conclusion. He slowly dropped to his knees as he realized there was no reason in his plan for his beloved Setsuka to die. Someone absolutely despicable had decided to kill her for their own selfish reasons. He hadn't anticipated this. No one could have.

"We are going to find the bastard that did this to her," Mikado growled, tears welling up in his exposed eye. Nikei's breathing was still ragged as he stared at the seemingly godlike man breaking down in front of him. He was just as weak as the rest of them.

As much as he wanted to reach out, Nikei didn't want to touch the other man. They were both broken and the only one who could help fix them was dead.

"We need to go back," Nikei grumbled. "It's suspicious to be here alone, just you and me." Mikado silently nodded and stood up, offering Nikei his hand. He took it without saying a word. The wizard quickly teleported them back to their original places in the tent. Nobody had noticed them disappear or reappear. Nikei tipped his hat forward and started over to analyze the body. Whoever did this was going to pay with their life.