one

A/N: hiiii so my twitter account has been suspended (for whatever reason lmao) and i had to make a new one to post stuff and enjoy hanker content and the new user is @sncrlyhande which is not that different to the previous one <3

neyse i hope you all enjoy this!

Hande didn't expect the invitation.

Kerem and her have basically gone to more dinners than she can remember. Dinner meetings, that is. So to have him invite her to one isn't out of the box. 

It's the way that he's asked her.

"Can we go out later?"

Hande stops scrolling on her phone. With little to no space, she's pressed up to Kerem. Her back is on half of his chest and her head on his shoulder. And frankly, even that isn't unusual.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you wanna go out with me later?"

The caravan looks weirdly empty even with everything being too close to one another and the silence resonates on the wall of the vehicle. Hande can even hear Kerem breathing through the ventilation.

"With you?"

Kerem hums. Pulling the arm he has around Hande, he sits straight. "Just us."

Hande quirks a brow but says nothing. She evaluates the question in her head. Does she? Well, it's not like she hasn't done it before so there's really no reason to not say yes but then again, dinner with people around is different from having one with only the two of them.

"Sure." Hande says. The complaint about him removing his hold around her hanging at the tip of her tongue. "I have to shoot several scenes after you though."

"I'm willing to wait."

Hande knows he is willing. He's done it before. He's there even during his day off and Hande tries her hardest to think that it's just because he loves to be involved with the production. He is a good actor, after all. Possibly the best among his peers.

"Okay, then." She smiles, hoping to ease the tension she didn't even notice was there until she feels heat crawling on her neck and to her cheeks. She fans herself discreetly. 

Hande isn't new to things. Things being admiration, crushing and love. She's loved before. She's loved hard. And as experienced as she claims herself to be, there's fear creeping in her chest. She's not new to things but she's scared for this not-so-new thing to be something of the past. Life works that way, anyway.

Hande doesn't want Kerem to be part of the past.

When her last scene ends, she has her heart in her mouth. She's nervous. She is not expecting anything yet she's expecting something. It's a flurry in her head.

Kerem is leaning on his car when she walks to him. His arms folded on his chest. He's wearing a white t-shirt and a navy jagger that looks a little worn out. He has a rayban on and he looks absolutely dashing.

"Hi." Kerem greets, quick to offer a hand and Hande fails to notice his slight shaking.

"Hi." Hande can barely recognize her voice as she reaches for him and he pulls her close. He smells like shampoo and aftershave and some sort of comfort she can't find from someone else. Hande can't help but breathe him in. You smell so good. Her subconscious blurts out and she closes her eyes.

"Tired?" He asks and Hande sighs shakily as he kisses her forehead.

It isn't unusual either but the butterflies do feel bigger this time. Hande is afraid she'll throw them up and they'll scatter on the ground and fly around them in circles.