< C H A P T E R - 10 part -2 >

AGASTYA SINGH RATHORE'S POV

The succession of events that have occurred in my life over the past several days have completely stunned me. My marriage being fixed, me getting entangled in a controversy, and last but not least, Kia reentering my life. Since everything was happening at once, I was genuinely unsure of how to react. I go through phases of happiness and then find myself surrounded by an odd gloom. But there is one thing I'm adamant about: I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my love back and make her mine.

I was so preoccupied with my own thoughts that I failed to notice Kia entering the interview room. Being a gentleman, I walked over to the podium's stairs to assist her. I took her hand, and as soon as I did, our eyes locked. Her naturally stunning hazel eyes were not being properly complemented by her blue contacts. I only wanted to kiss her so passionately that she could see the entire cosmos behind her eyes. We must stay focused brothers, we must stay focused. Unconsciously, I was reminded. A distinct kind of obstinacy could be seen in her eyes, as if she were attempting to battle something. Not to add the confidence in her smirk and the sass in her swagger. She had the appearance of having goals in mind.

The interviewers started asking us a series of questions as soon as we were comfortable. The media only had questions about that because we gave them a made-up love story about Kia and I. When the person asked me what I liked best about Kia, I could see the look of disbelief on Kia's face. I know, but believe me, none of it is a lie. I am completely smitten by whatever you have to offer. There are no ifs and buts, just you as you are. I couldn't help but smile when she said I should sleep with one eye open. But because of the underlying mocking in several of her responses, I nearly had a heart attack. Sincerity be damned, I know I've been a total jerk and I do deserve it.

My head began to feel heavy and my nose started to itch a little in the middle of the interview. Since I could feel my health getting worse, I decided to end the interview. My wife and I—wow, I like the sound of it—can I say it again? MY WIFE and I both stepped down from the podium.I enjoyed how much my touch affected her. Her chest was heaving, and I could feel her breath becoming laboured.

We were escorted to a hall where we would complete all of the post-wedding customs. I had a feeling I was going to get sick, but I tried to ignore it because it was Kia's day, and mine as well, but my lady comes first. She appeared to be dead, and the brightness in her eyes had disappeared. I was the one who felt my gut being ripped out. She was very uninterested in her own wedding. The formalities were soon over, and everyone began retiring to their assigned rooms.

I decided to take a cold shower because I was feeling a little overheated. We both reached our room after walking very silently. I sighed and sat down on the bed as soon as we walked in.After a few moments, I heard Kia's sweet voice call my name. I assumed it was to start another argument, so I suggested we discuss later because I was not in the mood for a fight.