-Chapter 2-

"Sullivan?" the annoyed voice greeted me through the phone. Come on Megan, what should go wrong? Just say your name and why you call. Easy peasy.

I took a deep breath. How can someone be so nervous by just calling someone? Maybe I should go  and check myself.

"Umm, Hi Mr. Sullivan." I began. My voice trembled. "My name is Megan Beck. I'm calling because I heard you tutor people who need help in Maths." Puugh, done.

"Ah." Mr. Sullivan said unimpressed. "You better talk about that with Mr. Sullivan himself."

"Uh, what?"

I don't understand? What does he mean with talk with himself ?

"Wait. I get him." the unfriendly voice said again. Then I heard him shout. "Dad? There's someone on the phone asking for tutor lessons."

Then it plopped. I must've talked with his son. Oh Megan, you failed by just saying two sentences. New record.

I heard something rumble through the phone when suddenly an older voice answered me.

"Eh, hello? Marcus Sullivan here."

"Uh, hello Mr. Sullivan. My name is Megan Beck. I wanted to ask for tutor lessons in Maths." I repeated the same old crap again. Now with a bit more confidence.

"Oh, Ms. Beck. Yeah, I remembered Mr. Abrams talked about you the last time I saw him. Maths, huh? Yes, sure." he answered more friendly than his son. I'm pretty sure his son is more than ugly.

"Really?" I gasped happily. "That's great."

"Is Thursday evening okay? About 5 pm ?"

"Yes, totally." A stone fell from my heart. I'm going to pass Maths class. "Oh, but Mr. Sullivan." there was something I remembered.

"Yes?"

"What about the price?"

"I take 10£ for sixty minutes. I hope that's okay with you?"

Thanks god.

"Yeah, that's okay." I answered smiling. "Well, thank you Mr. Sullivan and...umm..see you on Thursday."

"Alright Ms. Beck. Good to hear. Do you have my adress?"

"Yep." I said popping the p.

"Good, then bye Ms. Beck." Mr. Sullivan said and hung up.

So that mission is completed. Let's see what's going to happen on Thursday. I can hardly believe that someone can explain all the crap to me in sixty minutes. I can hardly believe that someone can explain this crap to me. I'm a hopeless case, I know. But I never said a word about studying maths and become a professor. So, when I'm done with school, I never need those equations again. 

"Darling, can I come in?" my mum asked in front of my door.

"Yes." I yelled back.

She walked in holding a news-paper in her hand.

"And? Have you called this tutor?"

"Yep. First lesson is on Thursday 5pm." I answered proudly.

She smiled. "Great honey. Don't forget it."

"Surely not."

Then she pointed at the news paper.

"Here. There are some HELP WANTED advertises. Maybe you find something you like."

"Thanks mum. I'm gonna look." 

"If you need me. I'm downstairs." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and left my room.