Ch.2: "I Miss Him."

Art By: eu que vou saber(?)
(Don't hesitate to lmk if that ain't right tho lol)

Inspo: http_reki

*Romantic*

Tw: Depression, Breakdown, & Crying

Note: This is Langa's version, next one-shot will be Reki's version.

Langa missed his dad. And Reki finally learns about it...through a breakdown.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The death of his father absolutely crushed Langa. The tragic day left him a shell of his past self. He never thought he would get over his death.

That was until a certain redhead crashed into his life. He felt a reason to go on–a reason to feel happy again. And it was all thanks to Reki.

A few months after they became friends, their feelings became too much to keep to themselves and they confessed; they've been together ever since.

Reki had no idea how much he was helping Langa. After getting to know Reki, he rarely had the same amount of breakdowns about his father. Compared to just a few months earlier; before moving to Okinawa.

He never completely forgot, no, that would be impossible. However, Reki unknowingly subsided the weight of it all, for long periods of time.

But in the end...it was a lot for him to bare by himself. Basically alone each time it become too unbearable to hold in any longer, and he'd crack from the pressure.

But he was so scared to tell someone that wasn't family about it. He didn't even want to worry his best friend and boyfriend. Even though, he knew, Reki would love to know and help him out.

Communication was always an important key of a healthy relationship. Friendship too.

Yet, whenever he got the chance to talk about it, he'd freeze up and change the topic. Leaving Reki clueless. Though the sweet boy never pushed his boyfriend about the abandoned topic.

That was until one night Reki came for a surprise sleepover., expecting to see a surprised Langa–but instead, seeing a crying, and shaking Langa.

"Oh man I can't wait to see the surprise on his face when he sees me!" He exclaimed to his mom as he was finishing packing some of Langa's favorite snacks.

"He's gonna love all this stuff I'm bring!!" He chirped, stuffing card games into another bag. His eyes continually sparking by the thoughts of the different reactions Langa might give him.

"Okay that should be the last of it! I'll see you tomorrow ma!"

Masae giggled watching her son smile at her and wave, saying goodbye before heading out the front door and closing it behind him. She heard him mess with the keys and locking the door on the other side. Hearing the sound of him dropping his skateboard on the concrete sidewalk and rolling away from the house.

"Oh Reki, my sweet boy." She whispered to herself as she busied herself in finishing the dirty dishes from dinner. A content sigh leaving her lips.

Reki whistled as he went down the familiar streets that headed to his boyfriend's apartment complex. The sun barely shining over the tops of the houses that zoomed past him. He loved the fresh air and the wind blowing through his unkempt dyed hair; hardly held up by his loved, blue headband.

Skating was his favorite thing in the world. He fell more and more in love with the hobby each and every day. He felt himself smiling at the thought that he got to share this hobby with his favorite person.