Ch. 1

"Zjen? Zjen? Are you there? Zjen, what happened?" She whispered weakly. The light she had seen was bright and reflected off of her red hair. She couldn't see or feel a thing. A red liquid trickled from her brow into her palm. She opened her eyes to gaze at the yellowish light. It was produced by a car. There was glass lodged into her numb skin, pain finally began to stab through her head, reminding her of the accident. She turned her head to see Zjen, covered in a thin splatter of blood. His black hair had small fragments of metal and glass, and his head was slowly bleeding onto his lap and seatbelt.

There were red lights on him, and blueish lights on her. She looked up, blurry eyed and gasped at a large man in a blue outfit and hat. "Thank god." He whispered. "They're still breathing, and one is awake!" he shouted. More men came up to her, she was as limp as a doll, all she could do was look at blurred shapes moving past her and carrying her on a white bed. She saw Zjen as his eyes began to open to they're usual brown color. "Where... Kuruma...?" he whispered half awake. "Zjen!" Kuruma squealed in her bed; her limp body came to life. "I'm here." She whispered reaching her hand out towards him. "I'm sorry", she whispered as she was taken away. She blinked away tears, as her consciousness gave way.

The accident replayed inside her mind slowly. She was driving... Talking to Zjen inside the car... and there was another car... driving in the opposite lane, and as she was talking to Zjen, he had gasped, but before she could ask why, Kuruma looked at the window, the car flew at her face coming down as if it had just fallen like a star. Then the blurriness began.

Kuruma decided to end the replaying, and repeating torture, and open her eyes. She opened them to a white room, with light blue blankets on top of her white bed; she must be in a hospital. Kuruma looked to her side and saw none other than Zjen; his head had a large bandage wrapped from left ear to right eye wrapped all the way around. Kuruma looked at her own body. Her left arm was in a cast, and her head had a small bandage, just above the brow. Someone began to walk in the room; Kuruma looked up from her arm to see who. It was her brother, he had a face of no sleep, his clothes were ragged, and his brown hair was ruffled.

"Looks like someone woke up, and it was obviously not Zjen." He grinned weakly. "How long have we been here, Gin?" Kuruma groaned. Gin sighed. "Two weeks tops, I've kind of lost track of time." He had walked over to her bed and was now sitting on it. "Doctor says you have stiches on your head", He pointed to her bandage. "And Zjen has a new eye replacement. They couldn't find the right color though, so I'd be surprised when his bandage comes off. And plus your arm was pretty broken doctor says a few more weeks." Kuruma looked at him. "You seemed tired. I think you need more rest than I do" she giggled at him. "Who's our doctor anyway?" gin looked at the door way and called for the doctor. "She's awake now." A woman walked in with the traditional doctor's coat, she had a blueish tint in her black hair, which was pretty long, and her eyes were an unnatural blue. "Mimi!" Kuruma screeched at her mother's old friend. Mimi smiled at Kuruma kindly. "You and Zjen took quiet a hit to practically everything on your body!" Mimi's smile faded, "if your mother were here, you know how worried she be... thank god you made it okay... Zjen could have died if not for the car hitting the top of your car, not the front." As if upon hearing his name, Zjen's body began to stir.

Kuruma jumped up, causing a shot of pain up her broken arm. "Ugh, Zjen?" she groaned, rubbing her sore arm. Zjen turned his head to her, he grimaced and turned back. Mimi was already checking all the equipment to see how he was. Zjen opened his mouth; a small grinding sounded from his throat, slowly turned to words. "Where am I...? Kuruma... And..." Kuruma realized he must have been just remembering what had happened. His uncovered eye widened. He once again turned his head towards Kuruma. Again he grimaced at the pain that probably covered his whole neck." No, no, keep still" Mimi mumbled in his ear while putting his head back to normal. "Mi...Mi..." he whispered closing his eye. He had fallen back asleep.