Sconner

Sconner was only one year close to the war. He was fourteen and needed some assistance. But he always wondered why teenagers were supposed to be in the war. One day he came up to his close friend, Alicia. She also wished she could sneak in the war just like Deborah Sampson. His daily chores were in Alicia mom's house. After his job was done, Alicia came up to him and thanked him.

"I hope we can spend more time together,you know? I still have a few toils to do around the house." Sconner looked around. "Seems spotless."

"There's news about the war in the evening." Alicia reminded him. Sconner couldn't forget and headed straight home.

Chapter One: 

Plan 

Later that night news came on the radio. Sconner listened carefully before, yelping, why was there war? After the radio was paused, his mom looked dreary to dad. She loved peace and not hatred or aversion.

"Why such grief? Is it because all those power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states?" his mother sighed.
It all started with the revolutionary war that brought the British the enemies among the americans. Since it ended with Patrick Henry letters it had spread and became notable. But slavery was here back then.

Black people were enslaved and worked for abusive americans. As Sconner ate, his father read a letter from his camp. "Gotta leave tomorrow for the war setup," he said.

Sconner looked at him. He was vexed about his father. It has been years since he spent time with his family. Sconner dad's food was a quarter eaten and all he said was "Feel full." His mom looked at Sconner. He quickly looked away as if she didn't notice.

Later...

Sconner couldn't sleep and was woken up by the sounds of his parents thrashing out on the war. "If you spent way less time with us we might not even know you." his mom discussed. Sconner creaked the door open to hear more. It looked like his father was not going to return for a month! Sconner had to do something. Even though he was close to being fifthteen his purpose was to at least help his family.

Sconner looked at his uniforms. His dad sent him his old soldier uniform so it was good for the captains not to notice. He needed snacks but his parents were too busy talking and moving around. He looked at his window.

"Ah Ha!"

His big brain movements managed him to climb out of the window with his knapsack slouched over his shoulder. He climbed at the edge until he made it to the kitchen window. He opened it, the right size for him to fit.

Sconner grabbed his cooked leftover pork in a bag and some water. He looked at some paper. Something told him he must warn his parents.

Dear Mom,

I will make you proud from, your beloved son, Sconner

Sconner already heard the door open and his dad footsteps. He had left! Not even waving bye to his son. Sconner humphed.

Chapter Two:

Journey

Sconner walked through the tough dense dirt. He looked around. He was misguided. It's been only four hours and he was still in the middle of nowhere. His father was already at camp, Sconner thought. As he moved he wondered where his father headed. North,South,East,or West?

Wait! Sconner opened his sooty knapsack. He grabbed out a round looking clock. The compass. The black little stick inside, pointed east. Sconner looked couragely at the sky. He moved, and sometimes he took a break to eat his porkchop. Finally he found his dad's camp. The soldier huddled up and grabbed out their gun.

Sconner opened his knapsack and brought out the uniform.

He moved, quivering from the captain who could probably catch him. Other soldiers were concerned about his height. "Is he even a soldier?" they whispered. Sconner was doomed, until he saw his dad walking towards him. It looked like he was the leader of all the soldiers. His dad glanced at the uniform.

"I gave that to my son. Did your dad do the same thing?" he asked.

Sconner didn't lie because the person that he was talking to gave him the uniform. His dad bombarded him with questions until he was officially recruited. He met ten people on this table, talking. One of them was quiet, hoping he could get some quietness. Sconner got a closer look. He was dressed differently.

To be continued...