CHAPTER SIX

ANGEL FIT

                            Everybody stood at Caroline's burial wearing all black & shades

Everybody stood at Caroline's burial wearing all black & shades. Caroline's parents were crying their eyes out. Angel was crying like a baby. Her mom was wrapping her arms around her , she was shedding tears too. Qt stood on the other side by her, he was holding her hand. Princess & her friends was their too, they stood further down. Nikki & Mario had came back in town, they attended the funeral as well. Angel glared at Caroline's casket. Tears could not stop falling. So many thoughts kept racing in her head. She was just about to call & check up on her and also the thought that could have been her dead in that casket. Everything in her head was getting jumbled up. A part of her was almost mad with her mom for even saying she couldn't see or speak to her again. It was so many things that made her mad. But it was outta her control, their was nothing she can do about it.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" the preacher said
Everybody placed a white rose on top of her casket & the service ended & everybody parted ways. Princess & her friends walks up to Angel.
"Angel we are so sorry for your loss, my prayers go out to her family & your family" Princess says
"Thank you" Angel says
"If you need anything; please call us" Sophie said
Domonique takes her by the hand.
"Let me speak to you in private for a min"
She nods.
"Listen I know exactly what your going threw, because I had a cousin that used to shoot up & his mom found him dead in the bathroom & he was my favorite cousin , so when I got that called I went crazy & broke down& I felt like it was the end of the world..but I knew that he would want me to stay strong & live my life to the fullest...so guess what I'm doing? I'm living my life because of him, because that's what he would want me to do & that's what Caroline would want you to do"
Angel smiles deeply "thank you so much Domonique for those beautiful, uplifting & kind words, I really appreciate that & I'm so sorry about your cousin"
She holds her heart.
"Thank you love & I just want you to take it day by day ok ? trust & believe me you will get stronger because the lord will give you the strength, it's gonna be okay & I'm here for you& I mean that from the bottom of my heart"
Angel pulls Domonique as close as she could. She gave her the biggest, genuine & most tightest hug ever.
"Your the greatest Domonique, you are a real one & I love you"
"I love you too Angel"
Angel kisses her cheek.
"I'll call & check up on you later"
Angel nods "okay; I'll be looking out for your call"
She smiles.
Later that day Domonique called Angel.
"Hey Angel , how your holding up" ??
"I'm alright, just thinking about Caroline"
"Talk to me"
"Do you know I called her the day that she died but she didn't answer , because she was already gone then"
"Oh my gosh that's so sad"
"And ...and it makes me so mad & angry that even after I OD a few years back , she was still doing that shit after she promised me she was never gonna do it again...& it done killed her....& I keep saying to myself oh my gosh that could have been me"
"But by the grace of God it wasn't you....look just see this as a sign from God, like a wake up call that these drugs ain't no joke & it's not cute"
"So true Domonique, this was definitely a wake up call, but dammit I'm gonna miss her"
"Of course your gonna miss her, she was your ex girlfriend...she was your friend"
"We had so many memories together before I moved away"
"Awwwww well I ain't finna say think about the good times, because realistically that can make you cry too"
"It really can, I've been crying nonstop while I look at our old polaroid pictures"
"I know you will cherish those pictures forever"
"Forever & always"
Angel said with a smile.
"You know you & me really got a lot in common"
"Yeah trauma"
"Exactly...we've both been threw some crazy things the last few weeks"
"We some emotional damage bitches"
Angel & Dominique laughs.
"Even during a sad fest , jokes are made"
"Right, we silly"
"Btw have fun at your essence festival"
"Do you wanna come" ??
"I can come" ??
"Yeah, everybody can bring a plus one"
"I would honestly love that"
"Yess you need to be around friends to take your mind off things"
"So true"