The Fire Within: Secrets- Chapter 14

Chapter 14

>Sierra's POV

There's a girl...

You think you know her, but you don't...

She has a secret...

Something you'd never guess...

Do you want to know...?

She cuts...

And cries....

And starves...

And dies inside everyday....

The silent pleas...

Are getting quiet...

She's starting to give up...

On fighting...

On trying...

On crying...

She just wants to say GoodBye...

I looked at what I had just written in my notebook. I was always writing these sad, little things. My mind wouldn't focus on anything, but what was going to happen. It was like everything else was erased and replaced.

I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. I jumped from surprise and turned around to see Mr. Ried. I looked at him with surprise. Since the teachers usually left me alone, this was weird and surprising. He gave a small smile. I was guessing he saw what I wrote.

"The counsler would like to see you, Sierra," Mr. Ried told me. I was confused. Why does the counsler want to see me? And before he had gotten to far, he turned around and said, "You better take your things, the bell is going to ring soon."

I sighed and gathered my things together, then left Mr. Ried's room and headed towards the counsler's office. I haven't really ever been to the counsler's before, so this was like a first time experience. I was shaking a little when I reached the office.

The counsler was a girl. Her name was Ms. Raye. When she opened the door to her office, she gave me a small smile. I walked in slowly, then took a seat next to the door. She sat down across from me, the smile still painted on her face.

"Do you know why you are here?" she asked me, cautiously.

"Uh... No," I said.

"Someone came and told me something. Something I don't like to hear."

Oh gosh no. Please no. Don't be what I think she means. Please not that. Gosh no! Please!!! Don't be it, don't be that, please...

"You self-harm."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I was crying when I had left the counsler's office. I hated talking about things I felt inside, I wasn't one to do that. But when I was talking to Ms. Raye, something changed. I broke down, I told her things. Why? I didn't even know.

When I walked into my science class, Mr. Hart's class, everyone looked at me. I knew I probably looked awful, but I just walked silently to my seat. Mr. Hart had just continued to explain something about chemical and physical changes.

I had Spencer in my class, and he was looking at me. I could see nothing but worry in his eyes. I sighed. I tried to pay attention to Mr. Hart but I could feel Spencer's gaze burning into me. I couldn't focus on Mr. Hart's lesson.

The class went by slowly. Every few minutes, I could feel Spencer looking at me. I'd look back at him sometimes, and he'd give a small smile, then return his attention to what we were supposed to be doing.

It was May Third today, his birthday. I was so scared. I didn't know if I'd be able to talk to him or even ask him to meet me outside for his present, or presents.... I was scared to hear what Cole would think. I was kind of sad, because I didn't get to tell him Goodbye...

Class went by pretty slowly. Every few minutes, I would look back at Spencer. When Mr. Hart had let us go off on our own to do the experiment, I took this chance to give Spencer my note. I quickly got up, and walked to his desk and handed him the note.

I watched as he slowly opened it.

It read:

Spencer, meet me at the Soccer field after school, I need to tell you something and I need to give you something...

Oh, and P.S. Happy Birthday(:

Sincerely, Sierra

He looked at me, confusion was filling his eyes. I gave him a small smile, then returned to my seat and started my experiment. After I had given the note to Spencer, the class went by quickly. My mind was focused on science and finally not on him.

The bell rang. I quickly gathered my things, then hurried out of the classroom. I didn't want to face Spencer yet. I barely ever wanted too. But I had too. 

I looked at the note Sierra had just handed me. I was scared. Was this what she told me she was going to do today...? Or was it something else. I was getting so afraid. When science ended she almost ran out the room. I hope this isn't what I think it is...