Act 1

The room was getting hotter and hotter as sweat trickled down Grace's temple. It had been thirty minutes since they had arrived at Hopper's cabin and they were stuck waiting for Will to wake up. Everyone had long ditched their jackets trying to keep themselves from overheating. 

Grace leaned over and placed her red hair in a bun to keep it off her neck before sitting on the couch next to Will's bed. Will soon woke up and was pulling on his restraints and breathing heavily, his body was drenched in sweat. 

"What's happening?" He asked sounding like he was out of breath. "It hurts!" He grunted. He soon began screaming and squirming as he repeated, "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts." 

Jonathan stood up and Nancy grabbed his hand, Grace looked over at Joyce who looked like she was fighting mentally to not run over to her son and free him. 

"Let me go! Let me go! It hurts!" Will continued to scream. It's then that Joyce went around turning the heaters up to max. Their plan was working. 

"Mom," Jonathan mumbled wanting desperately to help his brother. 

"No!" Joyce replied pushing the heat just a little closer to Will. 

Will's only reaction was to thrash and scream even more and Jonathan had to turn away. Grace's nails were digging into her palms as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes but couldn't look away. 

She could only hope Steve was keeping her little sister safe.