Don't feel sorry for me.

I walked to class...

All I could think about was what my mom was saying last night.. to be "homeschooled" but I refused.

I had kemo. My hair was gone.

I was popular Delilah, and now I'm the one everyone either stares at or doesn't because I'm bald.

I was walking down the hallway when I heard my ex-boyfriend Nate talking to a girl named Kristine "Yeah, I dated her and all but It's sort of like dating a guy now right? I mean I understand she has cancer but, when she told me I lied and said I'd be with her, but she broke up with me because she didn't want me to get hurt, honestly... I would've broken up with her anyways." My mouth was thrown open, and went even wider when I heard what Kristine said, "Ahaha, yeah tell me about it, she's tryna act all neutral about the whole situation but... excuse me! Talk about craving attention right? Like go be home schooled, Jesus!" and after that I walked away, I knew they didn't see me, I was still behind the corner of the wall. I should've expected my exes would say something. Guess I'm just left awe-struck.

And by exes I mean my ex-boyfriend and my ex-bestfriend.

I mean there is a reason why we call them exes, because like the letter "X" they're pointless, barely used in the alphabet and exactly what we use to mark out something gone wrong. They're both common mistakes a 16 year old would make, the wrong people. I should've known they liked each other, they're both 100% conceited. I never said I didn't want to be her friend anymore I just drifted away with all the hospital visits and kept to myself. But we move on right? And I'm just moving on all alright... right?

And this was just the first period bell to get into class, with both of them.

My class, who I'd thought had all seen me in the hallway, decided that they didn't by murmuring and whispering, I was never quiet, so I decided to give out my input "I'm not a new student, you don't need to stare at me, it's cancer, ever heard of it?"

It went quiet, and they shut up.

Now before you get the wrong idea, I was not the rude, mean popular girl. No, I was nice to everyone and I wasn't "president" of the school, and I wasn't stupid or a slut either, nor did I have a big mansion.

I lived in a typical big house (pool, garage, basement, attic, rec room) like the rest of the students, I dressed appropriate and I wasn't a blonde, I was a brunette with green eyes but it doesn't matter now... No one will see my hair nor look in my eyes... Too busy looking at the top of my head.

I mean I'm surprised they didn't see my hair thinning in the past months.

Should I have told them? No.

I don't ask for attention and I won't plead for it either.

I sat down, and my teacher didn't say anything except for "take out your textbooks, it's still a school day, and you still have to show me your homework, I'm coming around"

Mr.Croiley was not young or old, he wasn't mean or nice, he was fair and about 40. I like how he went on without really calling me out, he was my favourite teacher because he was reasonable, and here is another day where it was with good reason. I sat like an idiot in the back smiling, and didn't realize he was at my desk.

"Oh, right sorry, my homework" I said.

"You didn't do it? he asked.

The class decided to turn around.

"No, I did it..." I took out my binder and showed him.

He grinned and didn't even look at me.

"Good for you" Mr.Croiley said, and kept walking.