Part 2

As it has been 2 weeks and no sign of the two heroes everyone is trying to go on with their everyday lives despite how hard it is. As Caitlin walks into the apartment one evening Ronnie and Frost look at her. 

"We just received a letter in the mail. It's from sparky." Frost trails off. 

As Caitlin takes the letter she opens it slowly. She slowly begins to read it aloud.

"Dear Cait, Frosty, and Ronnie....

           I know this is a lot to take in with me leaving but I want to start off with I'm sorry. I hated doing this with everything in me. I would do something different to try and find a compromise if I could. But this is inevitably impossible to dodge. I want you to know I didn't leave because of you guys. 

                None of you or team flash or Joe, Iris, Eddie, and Wally, or any of Team Arrow caused this. Me and Ollie had planned this for awhile now. pretty much since I came out of the speed force. It boiled down to my children coming first. I know this isn't the best way to announce it but me and Ollie have two girls. Twins. 

           They are 4 and a half going on 5. Very smart kids. I had them before I was struck by lightning from a one night stand with Oliver. We didn't think it was safe for anyone to know. The only people who knew were our parents.

            And then we have William and Nora. I love being the Flash but the kids are terrified I might not come home. There has been so many times I almost didn't. I can't put them through losing their father like I went through with losing my mother. 

              I couldn't do that to them. And I want this baby or babies to have a normal life. I don't want them worrying if I will be coming home or not. Same goes for Ollie. Which means we have decided to hang up our cowls. So I guess this is my final farewell as the Flash. I'm leaving the city in the protection of all of your hands. Make me proud. I believe in you. I love you guys. 

Sincerely,

Your Scarlet Speedster."

She tears up while reading the letter. They all do. He isn't coming home.