01

Names of platforms mentioned were changed in case of copyright.

   The air was thin, light weight. No pressure as of yet. Something felt... different? Yet the boy could not comprehend what made him feel that way. His understanding of it was minimal at best. He just sat by the school gate, waiting to be let in, just like every other day. It was also cold, very cold. Winter break wasn't far away.

   As the gate opened and they rushed in to get to class, the air thickened with pressure, unsure of what was new. He sat down patiently, yet anxiously. This could be bad. He didn't know what was different and it bothered him.

   He glanced around the room several times before it hit him. A boy he had never seen before had entered the room and sat down next to him. 'Great.' He thought to himself. He wasn't in the mood to chat and now a stranger has sat next to him. So what is he gonna do now?

   "Hello!" The strange boy greeted the rather robotic-like boy. "I'm new here, sorry if I bothered you by sitting here." Now, he can't escape from talking. "It's alright, you didn't bother me." His hollow reassurance was unseen. "I'm Lilac by the way, you?" The strange boy smiled brightly, it was a cute name for such a weird kid. "Juniper." He half-heartedly smiled in return.

   'Is this pity?' Juniper thought. 'Am I smiling at him because I feel bad?' He thought to himself. He was unsure of it himself, yet he intended on finding out.

   "That's a nice name." Lilac beamed at him. Although, Juniper didn't know how to respond to that. "This is the third year room right?" He questioned. "Yeah, teacher should be here any moment, so I suggest grabbing your stuff out." He responded, simply trying to keep him out of trouble.

   Days went by, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. They sat by each other all year, Summer rolling around. Just a day away, so they had more free time on their hands since they've run out of work to do. Juniper just sat there, doodling in his notebook. Of course, back then, he wasn't as good, but it was all part of the learning experience of it.

   He enjoyed drawing Weekend at Fruity's fan art and making new characters, but he did it in total silence, not wanting to draw attention to himself. He did not care what they thought, he just doesn't like attention.

   Lilac glanced over at him, curious to what he was doing. "So, you like drawing too?" He seemed visibly hyper. Although, Juniper couldn't blame him. He gets excited too when he finds out someone has a similar interest to him. "Yeah, I enjoy it." Boy did he have yet to know.

   They talked about their hobbies for an extended amount of time before exchanging their users on Xcabinet, a gaming platform to stay in contact before parting ways for the Summer.

Juniper could only hope to see or talk to him again soon.