And There Was Only One Bed - Langworth

Sleeping in hotels due to travelling while investigating a case wasn't new to either of them, what was new was having to stay in the same hotel together.

The case was not a simple one, with the victim being a high-ranked prosecutor and one of the murder suspects being a man well-known for his contacts with politicians, it required the best of the best to investigate, and there were none better for it than Miles Edgeworth and Shi-Long Lang.

The issue wasn't with the hotel they were staying at, oh no, the hotel was not only very close to the murder scene (which allowed them to get to there faster), but it was also a rated 5 stars. One of the best in California, probably. The issue was with the amount of rooms booked. Miles had asked Gumshoe to book it for him, unaware of how the detective's clumsiness could mess up something as simple as booking two rooms in an hotel, for it turned out that the detective booked one sole room with one sole bed, and it was too late at night to be looking for a new hotel.

They were both in their pijamas already, Edgeworth's being a fully pink one with a nightcap, and Lang just a t-shirt and sweatpants.
Lang had to admit that Edgeworth looked particularly adorable in his outfit. Not that he would say it out loud, though.

"This must be some kind of misunderstanding, it was two rooms, not one." Lang could hear Edgeworth talk through the phone, while he flopped down onto the bed. "I don't care! Get another room free or at least a second bed, shouldn't be too hard, should it? I can pay more, even."

Lang rolled his eyes at the conversation unfolding before him. He was aware that his company wasn't one of the most pleasants to the prosecutor, but surely it couldn't be that bad?

"Cut it out, pretty boy, stop bothering the staff."

That got him a glare from Edgeworth, but it also got Edgeworth to just hang up the phone and sit down -much more elegantly than the agent- onto the couch near the window. He had a good view at least.

"I'm very sorry, I knew I shouldn't have let the job up to Gumshoe, I just got busy at the office and thought it wouldn't hurt to leave something so simple up to him for once."

"It's not that big of an issue, we can just look tomorrow in the morning for a new hotel, or check if they got any new rooms open. I know you're not the biggest fan of social stuff, but surely spending one night in the same room as someone else wouldn't hurt ya, right?"

"Yes, I suppose it is fine. I can still sleep on the couch-"

"I am absolutely not letting you sleep on the couch"

"What for? Wouldn't it be more comfortable for both of us?"

"You're gonna wake up with a sore neck, and a sore back, and then you're gonna complain the entire ride to the crime scene, and your whining won't let me concentrate, pretty boy. Let me take the couch, and you can sleep in your fancy bed." Lang got up and gestured to the bed with his hands, doing an awfully exaggerated reverence that gained him an eye roll from Edgeworth.

"It'd be rude for me to share a room with someone and let them sleep on a couch while I sleep very comfortably on a bed."

"Oh, so it'd be normal for me to be the rude one?"

"That's not what I'm saying and you know it" He pointed at him, similarly to how he does in a courtroom. "I'm just trying to be kind for once."

"Great! Then be kind by letting me sleep on the couch so I don't look like a bad host, letting his guest sleep on a couch."

"What? You're not even a host- we're at a hotel."

Lang shrugged.

"Same thing."