Introduction, Content Warnings

Hello there! Thank you SO much for reading my story! It's the first I've ever written, so I'm a bit intimidated by the prospect of people reading my work. However, I think my writing skills will be up to snuff. I'm typically a more reserved fellow, and don't put myself out there much, so please, give me as many pointers as possible in the comments!

In this book, Snufkin finds himself in a life threatening situation. The mountain he was climbing has had an avalanche, and he was caught in the middle. Injured and alone, he needs to make his way back to civilization, and a hospital in the metropolitan area far away. Soon after, Moomintroll is faced with the terrifying reality that, while he was in hibernation, his best friend could have died. Heading to the hospital to meet Snufkin, Moomintroll discovers that the big city is not all it's cracked up to be. How will the two discover their love for one another? How will the city around them react? How will they know who their allies and enemies are? Find out in Alone Amongst Millions!

This story is not for children. I wanted a more adult themed Moominvalley story to be made to contrast with the comparatively tame show. However, it is not strictly 18+, there are no plans at the moment for any nudity, sex, or significant gore.

If you're here for Snufmin content (and I know most of you will be) be prepared to read a lot to get there. It's definitely a slow burn of a story, but I figure it's still interesting enough to keep you reading the whole time.

As of right now, I plan on making the story relatively long, and will be updating with a new chapter every few days. I have Moominvalley on the brain, and the obsession does not seem to be letting up anytime soon.

Cover art commissioned by me from the wonderful @pweetyrainbows (@the_owo_machine on IG), massive thanks to her!

—————

Content Warnings will be listed at the beginning of every chapter. If you think a content warning needs to be added that I haven't put at the beginning of the chapter already, please let me know.

Content Warnings for this story include, but are not limited to: Bodily Horror, Significant Injury, Mild to Moderate Gore, Fear of Death, Racism, Homophobia, Brawls, Depression, Anxiety, and Strong Language.

—————

Thank you for reading, and please enjoy Alone Amongst Millions.