Night Changes - One Direction

I know its an old song but it's musical elements are actually really interesting as it doesn't follow the pattern of a regular pop song. 

This particular song was written in A, this is quite uncommon as pop songs are usually kept to C and G major or A or E minor. This song differentiates as it uses a sharp scale which is unpopular as the scale can be hard to master for vocalists. I haven't tried to sing the song in my vocal lessons yet as I need to transpose it to a higher key as my voice isn't low enough for the song. 

The tempo stays quite moderato throughout the song which is also uncommon in pop songs as they are usually allegro or adagio which can be the main factor of the tonality of the song. If the song is adagio in tempo, it is more likely to have a minor tonality whereas if the tempo is allegro, the song is more likely to have a major tonality. 

This song has many factors as to why it was popular. It has meaningful and possibly relatable lyrics, a nice, moderato temp and a mixture of conjunct and disjunct notes. 

This song may be seen as the 2014 love song and seen as an old song now as it was released 8 years ago and alot of changes have taken place in the pop industry since then. However this song is still popular due to it's factors of popularity. I hope everyone here takes this into concideration next time they listen to the sing and try to pick out a few more key features,