Trial of Michael Seven... Ch.2

The following are the secret transcripts of the Major Michael Sevens trial found at Santci Spiritus Court Hall on the Utopian Society. They depict the testimony of General Jonathan Mayes and Major Michael Sevens on the events prior to the ‘Day’. These transcripts are the last word of Maj. Sevens. They are completely unhampered and objective. -

  “Please state your name, age, and rank for the council?”

“Gen. Jonathan Mayes, 44 years old.”

“Gen. Mayes, it is my understanding that you have been in the UN armed military organization for the last 20 years, is that correct?”

“Yes, that is correct Secretary General Rohas.”

“And in that time you have risen to the rank of General Commander of the UN.A.M.O’s L.S. Division?”

“Yes sir that is correct”

“Would you please state for the council what is the L.S. division, and if possible any of its actions in your time as part of this division?”

“The L.S. or Lucky Sevens division is a military unit; its purpose hasn’t changed since its inception”

“General if you could clarify its purpose?”

“To neutralize any nations which are deemed unworthy to join the Utopian Society made possible by the Columbus Project and if necessary to assassinate any and all loose ends”

“Thank you General.”

“Thank you Secretary General if I may be excuse…”

“General it states here you were made active only after the incident in the US eleven years ago, if you could give a complete report of the actions of the group since then?”

“Yes sir, Sec. Gen. Rohas” –

“After World War III had come to an end it was ever apparent that the Lucky Seven were not just a force to fear, but they were an unstoppable wave of destruction. At the time of the aforementioned incident I was a Lt. in the UN military force; one of forty-nine soldiers assigned to the Sevens, now colloquially known as the Archangels. I was assigned to aid Major Uriel.  Although during wartime the Major had no use for us and would often direct us for cleanup detail. The Major would even use us as decoys if he saw it could be useful to fulfill the objective at hand, we were happy to be of any use to him. However the war in the US sparked resistance in the South American countries. This was met with more strategic attack on the individual countries, with the Sevens being used, not to annihilate the entire region, to handle any force the military uses on our squads.

The initial attack on Chile went smoothly with UN forces entering from the shoreline. On the beaches we were met with significant obstruction from Chilean military; with numbers to counter our own. The Sevens were held off since it seemed as if we could handle the forces on without assistance, however it wasn’t long until our opponents proved craftier than we had thought. The Peruvian armed forces had come as reinforcements and the tide of the war had shifted, before the intervention of the Peruvian army we had managed to push them into Calama; a high residential area in Chile. This was a strategy instigated by Maj. Uriel, in an attempt to corner them into using less force as no to harm any bystanders. As we fought tirelessly deep within enemy territory, the Sevens had joined the battle. We quickly regained our standpoint in the battle; during the battle an explosion separated me and Maj. Michael from the rest of the company. I was severely injured and was unable to stand for the moment but when I looked up I could see Maj. Michael walking back towards the battlefield he seemed uninjured for which I was thankful. Suddenly, from the inside of a house, two soldiers began to open fire on the Major. The Major quickly dispatched them and would have proceeded to the battle, had not a little girl; who by my opinion was eight or nine years old, walked out in front of him. She was holding a large teddy bear in her hand and was crying; she looked up and glimpsed the Major and offered him the bear and in an act of misinterpreted retaliation fired upon the girl shooting her twice in the head.

After returning to the battle Maj. Michael had a medical team sent to my location and I was airlifted out of the battle. However I can recall over-hearing two privates stating that Michael’s re-entrance into the battle was gladly welcome as, alongside Majors Uriel and Gabrielle, he had dispatched half if not more of the enemy’s troop within minutes of my exit. I spent the next five months in an infirmary on the Utopian Society.

After I was released from the infirmary I was put on temporary leave for seven months to recuperate; this was on the orders of Maj. Michael, though Maj. Uriel was strongly insistent that I rejoin the battle as soon as possible. When I had reconvened with the rest of my troop we received orders to neutralize Cuba in its entirety. The Majors had constructed attack strategy and were ready to move; firstly all non L.S. division members were to rendezvous with the main army in Florida. Secondly the Sevens were to be dropped into center of the Capital city via helicopter; so to allow us to manipulate a pincer type attack by entering from Florida and Mexico. Lastly we were to evacuate all friendlies before the Helios Cannon was fired.

The attack went smoothly with Cuban military quickly being over powered. Unlike the Chilean conflict no reinforcement could be called. However in a last-ditch attempt at winning the Cubans destroyed the foundation of a majority of buildings in Havana, thus killing most of our forces and temporary nullifying the threat of the Sevens. Unable to get a GPS lock on Maj. Uriel’s position I proceeded after Maj. Michael as his location was closest to mine. After meeting up with the Major we continued around the wreckage to complete the mission of eliminating Pres. Diego Castro. Upon entrance of the residence we found that it appeared deserted. I hastily searched the premises while Maj. Michael attempted to contact any surviving member of his unit. When the Major had gotten in contact with the troop he called me and requested that we leave the premises for extraction, as I rejoined him I noticed there was a small child following the Major and that the Major’s zweihander was unsheathed. The young boy, who seemed to be ten years of age, bore a striking resemblance to the President, so given the lack of information I assumed that the boy was hidden with the presidential family and after having the remainder of his family dispatched became affixed to the Major. Since we were not privy to the mission objectives designated to the Sevens, I saw no reason to question his judgment in not killing the boy. Upon rendezvous with the rest of the Sevens, most of which were injured –notably Majors Hermes and Mercury, Maj. Michael had the boy enter the helicopter first. Once all were safely upon the helicopter and the craft was safely in the air the boy began to sing a nursery rhyme to calm his nerves presumably. This brought his presence to the attention of Maj. Uriel, who immediately gripped the boy by his face and threw him out of the helicopter, leading me to believe that his security was not a mission objective. Maj. Uriel quickly questioned Maj. Michael on his action and inquired whether he was capable of leading the team and following orders to the letter, to which Maj. Michael calmly affirmed.

As a result of Majors Hermes and Mercury’s injury the L.S. division was put on suspension, this allowed the UN to carry on with the South American campaign though it took a substantially longer time to complete. The campaign took a total of three years to complete, during which the L.S. division had made a successful recovery; before long myself and six other officers were promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and placed in charge of the wellbeing of the Sevens. I was removed from Maj. Uriel’s squad, via recommendation from the Major, and placed in Maj. Gabrielle’s unit. At that time we were preparing to expunge the republic of Trinidad and Tobago, this was to go smoothly as they had no real military fortitude. The eradication went as planned, however, after firing the Helios Cannon Maj. Michael began screaming and leapt out of the helicopter. He landed safely with minimal injuries but as he reached the surface began to cry. In what would seem to be an unforeseen turn of events Maj. Gabrielle leapt after him, to which I followed. She began to severely lash out at the Major, both physically and verbally, but all the Major could say was, ‘he followed me even though I slaughtered his family, he followed me seeking salvation and found hell’ indicating that the Major was speaking about the young boy from Cuba. On return to the Utopian Society the incident was dismissed and missions were carried out as normal…”

“Thank you Gen. Mayes that will be all, you may be excused.”