114

"Nandini, look I understand what you are saying and I love her and care for her just as much as you do. I just don't want her to feel that she is any different from other children of her age. I want her to do all that she wishes to, I do not want her to restrict herself or restrain from doing what she likes only because she is-"

"Nandini" screamed Alya from out which abruptly stopped Manik. "Nandini you are being called out" said Alya entering into the kitchen. Passing a smile to Manik and realizing they were in the middle of something, she went out quick.

Manik was still rubbing her hands soothing her as she hugged him and dropping a kiss on his cheeks, and cleaning off her face , she plastered a smile and went out followed by Manik after a while.

"Nandini, we are planning a night stay today" said Suman, one of her distant cousins

"Night stay? What is it about?" asked Nandini.

"We are leaving for Udaipur in 2 days now so we need to make a few memories here na, we all know it would be hectic there so just us cousins , all of us up on the terrace . We have so much to talk about." said Ayeza,another one of the lot.

"Exactly, so much. Nandini has been in London for so long , forgot us all. You will go there again back to the same routine, let's talk na" said Mahesh , her maternal aunt's son.

"Okay okay fine." said Nandini giving in eventually. The rest went into their conversations as Nandini out of habit looked around for Amayra . Finding her chilling around with Manik, she knew she had nothing to worry about and so she went to Ishita to help her with the arrangements. The food was already being cooked by the cooks heired for a few days. South Indian rituals also involved few which needed to happen a few weeks before the wedding and so family along with guests needed to stay at the Murthy Mansion and not directly to Udaipur.

Nandini entered Ishita's room to find her talking to Naira.

"So you guys are coming tomorrow na?" asked Ishita searching something in her cupboard.

"Yeah I will send someone,okay" said Ishita and she was about to hang up when Nandini took the phone away and jumped up the bed to talk to her sister.

Ishita,chuckling went out of the room with the keys that she was searching for .

"Oh shut up" said Naira when Nandini told her about how much she had been missing her.

"You don't trust me? I really am. I get irritated with all of these cousins at times" said Nandini, though she knew it was rude but facts.

"I can understand" said Naira chuckling

"I mean not like they are not sweet , all of them are but why do they get so interfering at times. You know Suman literally went with the flow of her vulgar jokes and asked me about my physical life with Manik. I don't like all this at all. Though I know she was joking but you know what I mean don't you?"said Nandini agitated as Naira laughed remembering how tough Suman is.

"Don't worry, I will be there tomorrow and we will kick their asses off tom'" said Naira.

"How's Amayra by the way? Did she have that pain again?" asked Naira taking Nandini back to one of the most dreadful nights.

"Thankfully not. I think we would need to consider the surgery shortly" said Nandini going back to the night a week ago when Nandini woke up to Amayra crying bitterly . She saw her rubbing her chest area continuously.

"Amayra stop crying baby" said Nandini hugging her as she tried comforting her .

"Mamma, it's paining a lot" said Amayra

"Did you exert yourself a lot today?" said Nandini rubbing her chest slowly trying to make her sleep. She was trying her best to avoid the injection. It was very strong for her to take in .
Whenever Amayra was very strained physically, this is what happened. Seeing her not stopping at all, she knew she had to do it. Giving a call to Manik who picked it up in a first few rings though he was sitting in an important meeting, because he knew it must be night in India and if it was Nandini calling then, it was urgent. Hearing Nandini tensed, he knew what it was.

"Give her the phone , I will talk to her and you give the injection" said Manik

"Hmm okay" said Nandini passing on the phone to Amayra " baby, talk to dad"

"Hii Amayra" said Manik trying to be cheerful as Nandini fetched the injection from the cupboard.

"Dad, dad, it is paining a lot " said Amayra crying again which made Manik incapable of thinking straight but he knew he had to comfort her.

"Amayra , aren't you my strong girl? You remember the last time you had this pain. What did you do?" asked Manik

"I stopped thinking about it" said Amayra as she felt a little relief in her heart, while Nandini was already done with her job. Disposing the packets away, she returned beside Amayra hearing her and Manik talk hugging her again

"Yes and that is what you are supposed to do. What did you do today , tell me" asked Manik

"I learnt a little swimming today, Mukti bua taught me. I also played a lot and so it pained" told Amayra feeling a lot better. The injection had done its work.

"Oh you did. When dad will come, we will swim together okay?" said Manik.

"Yes dad. Come soon please" said Amayra laying down on the bad .

"Promise. Now sleep. Know that I love you" said Manik.

"I love you too dad" said Amayra as she passed the phone to Nandini who made her comfortable in the blankets and went a little away to not disturb her .

"Dare you cry now Nandini" she heard Manik on the other end. He knew it would have been tough for her, it always is.

"Hmm. This was the worst of them all. " said Nandini as Manik sighed .

"It will okay. I will come soon. Please take care of yourself too." said Manik. Nandini had always been there for Amayra, more than him. His business has just come on track when Amayra came . Though he was the happiest when it happened but also a fact that he knew was that he was not able to give a lot of time to Amayra's early days. It had always been Nandini. And he was the one who was there for Nandini , always.

Manik hated that he was not there with her today.

"Gone back to the day di?" asked Naira snapping Nandini out of her thoughts.

"Yes, hah nevermind. Come soon,waiting" said Nandini as they hung up the call. Keeping Ishita's phone aside she went downstairs to accompany everyone in the hall.