Chapter 4

3rd person pov:

just after y/n put on her apron and got behind the counter, the shop's door swung open revealing the people she hated encountering the most.

jungwon and his friends had just entered the shop. y/n just stood there, overwhelmed and quite shocked to see them. she didn't think any of the spoiled rich kids would come to this Starbucks as there are 2 in the city. One small one and one big one. so she didn't expect them to come to the small one. She didnt want them to see her. she was scared they'd make fun of her like the rest of the students in school.

"chaewon! thats them! the popular guys in my class! i don't want them to see me! helpp!!" whisper-screamed y/n while continuously smacking chaewon's arm like a minion.

"oof," replied chaewon, there wasnt much else to say.

"chaewonn!! help me please! ill pay for your next 5 meals!" begged y/n in a desperate attempt to get out of the situation she dreaded.

"make it ten and its a deal," replied chaewon calmly trying to get the best out of the situation.

as y/n was about to agree and shake on the deal, a voice was heard, sending chills down her spine.

"um. can we order and sit down?" asked jungwon with a very chill tone.

"isnt that-" beomgyu was about to ask but was soon cut off by y/n.

"yep, yep, this way," y/n said quickly while she nudged chaewon to bring them to their table.

"this way, please," said chaewon with a sweet voice while letting out a small chuckle at y/n flustered self.

jungwon and his friends then followed her to their table while y/n sighed in relief but also in exhaustion. she was seriously considering going home and risking getting fired and beaten by her parents just to avoid this situation.

the moment they all leave was when y/n plopped her face into the palms of her hands, but she pulled herself together quite quickly and took the next order.

little did she know, someone was admiring her strength from afar.

jungwon pov:

"wasnt that that one girl for our class? y/f/n? i didnt know she worked here?" beomgyu asked, still curious.

"i think it is. i didnt know she worked here." said sunghoon. replying to beomgyu's question.

"imagine," chuckled hyunjin.

"shut up, at least she works hard for her money. you feed off you mom's fortune," scoffed jungwon, trying to defend y/n from hyunjin's comment.

"well damn, chill, it was a joke," replied hyunjin, laughing at jungwon's attempt to defend the poor girl.

"It wasn't really funny," jungwon fought back while glaring st hyunjin.

3rd person pov:

as the two argued, y/n slowly walked towards the table after being forced to taks their order by the manager.

"hello, what would you like to order?" asked y/n with a low tone and her head hung low. she didn't want them to recognize her or she'd never hear the end of it.

"we'll have a xxx drink, with some whipped cream on top. is that ok with everyone?" asks sunghoon while looking at the others to see if they'll nod in agreement.

"yeah, thats fine," agreed minho.

"okay then, ill get those for you right now. a few minutes please," y/n replied and flashed a quick smile to the boys before looking down awkwardly once again and walking away.

y/n made her way to the back of the counter and gave chaewon the ticket with the order. She then went to take other people's orders.

< at jungwon's table >

"bro, are you listening?" yeonjun asked jungwon, who was zoning out.

"oh yeah, sorry, what did you say?" jungwon replied, snapping back to reality.

"well, we were talking about the trip next week until we had to remind you that y/n isnt the only person in the room. you know you have been staring at her for the past few minutes right?" says hyunjin, while sassily turning his head towards jungwon.

"i wasnt staring, i was just thinking of something," jungwon said, trying to defend himself.

"whatever you say," chuckled minho, while looking towards y/n.

while the boys were talking y/n was taking other orders and bringing the
costumers orders to them. when chaewon finished making jungwons' and his friends' orders, y/n picked them up and brought them to them. She placed the drinks on the table, flashed another small smile, and walked away with a fastened pace.

the moment she made it back to the counter she placed her face in her hands again and sighed loudly. she wanted the world to open up and swallow her whole. she didn't want to face them ever again, and it made her feel even worse just thinking about the fact that the person she hated could ruin her life even more and tell everyone she worked there. she'd become an even bigger laughing stock in the school.

< a couple of hours later, 17:59 >

a few hours had passed since then, and y/n was still working. guess who else was still there. mhm, jungwon, sunghoon and beomgyu had stayed and the other three had already gone home. y/n waited for them to leave, she was shocked when she returned from her lunch break at one pm, even more now that is almost six pm.

chaewon had already gone home 2 hours ago, so y/n was all alone waiting for jungwon and his friends to leave so she could close up. she was exhausted and she genuinely wanted to go home, which she rarely wanted to.

while y/n was starting to close some machines and locked the back area, a group of three girls entered the shop. it was some girls from school. some of jungwon's fangirls. she immediately felt her face drop and her chest clench. she didn't think the situation could get any worse. she didn't know what she should do. should she kick them all out? ask them to leave? or just deal with it? she didn't know.