𝑥𝑥𝑖𝑖𝑖. ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟

sᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ᴘᴀssᴇᴅ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴏs that took place at King Benjamin's cotillion, and since then, lots of things had changed

Mal and Ben solved their problems, Evie and Doug began calling their relationship as it was, Jay stayed as the VK bachelor, and Carlos began his relationship with Sam.

The two were currently on a date, a classical picnic outing with the red and white blanket, and various food laid in the basket that they both cooked themselves.

Sam wore Carlos' old tourney shirt, along with his red and white jacket, leaning back and watching the sun. Carlos had a black turtleneck on him, laying on Sam's lap looking up at her face, sitting in silence.

"Staring is creepy, you know." Sam laughed, looking down at Carlos with a soft smile.

"It's not staring, it's admiring." Carlos laughed, his heart flying in circles as he saw that sweet smile he saw everyday.

"Oh, shut up." Sam laughed along, before heading deep into thought.

Carlos had seemed to notice this. He sat up and gripped her hand, frowning at the somber look on her face. "What happened?"

"What happens when we aren't together anymore?" Sam softly spoke, looking at Carlos as he shook his head.

"Sam, I thought we were done with overthinking—"

"Oh but we aren't!" Sam spoke, slightly raising her voice. "What happened when we split up, what happens when everything crashes down?"

"We can't come crashing down when we are doing so good." Carlos whispered to her, holding her face in his hands. "It's happened to others, but it won't happen to us."

"How can you be so sure?" She leaned her head against his own, hearing him sigh in content as they both closed their eyes.

"Because it's me and you."

Sam shook her head slightly, opening her eyes just to stare at his closed lids. "I got a lot of things, I have to do. All these distractions." Sam began to sing, watching as Carlos' eyes opened to stare at her.

"Our future's coming soon." Carlos finished for her.

Sam slightly pulled away from his forehead, her eyes going to the floor. "We're being pulled, a hundred different directions."

"But whatever happens, I know i've got you." Carlos interrupted, bringing her to good thoughts instead of bad. "You're on my mind you're in my heart, it doesn't matter where we are. We'll be alright." Carlos stood from his spot on the blanket, holding his hand out, watching Sam slowly grab it. "Even if we're miles apart!"

Sam smiled as Carlos gripped her slightly by her waist, putting her arms around his shoulders. "All, I wanna do." She began, Carlos joining her. "Is be with you, be with you. There's nothing we can do!"

Carlos carefully lifted her by the waist, watching and chuckling as she got scared from being lifted up. "And no matter where life takes us, nothing can break us apart!" He took her hand, turning her , before spinning her back into his arms. "I just wanna be with you!"

"I just wanna be , with, you." They finished, holding each other. They intended for a kiss, before hearing the bells of Auradon, signaling the new curfew that had been put down. The two giggles as they hurried to clean up and run to their dorms, hand in hand.

They had enjoyed each other for the past several months. But this, was just the calm before the storm...

 But this, was just the calm before the storm