twelve [secrets and scandals]

George was suspicious, suspicious of Dream.

He never really paid much attention to the zombie at the past two games, but now his eyes were watching Dream's every move.

At the beginning of the game, when he was running out onto the field, he touched the band on his wrist and it did something. He started running faster, looking stronger, and had so much more energy than normal (George wouldn't admit that he looked super appealing like this).

The way he played looked inhumane, and obviously, he wasn't a human, but even the way he played now looked too much for a zombie, even.

Dream toppled over anyone that came in his way and he threw the ball to distances that looked like miles. George hated that he didn't notice sooner, when he was too caught up in flustering the guy that he didn't pay close enough attention to how weird he was playing.

When the team came in for a water break, Dream looked different. His veins were practically popping out of his arms, all black and plum purple. He looked like an actual monster. And his eyes were wrapped in even more red than usual. Dream was... scary.

George couldn't look away, though. It was like he was in a trance. His cheers were half-hearted for the majority of the game, and he barely even noticed anyone else on the field that wasn't Dream.

The game ended sooner than George realized and then Dream was running back over. Halfway through he touched the band again, inconspicuously, and returned to looking normal again.

He ran up to George with a lazy smile. "Hi."

George frowned. "What did you do?"

Dream stopped in his tracks, confusion evident in his features. George continued, "On the field. What did you do when you touched your wrist thing?"

"You saw that?" Dream asked, smiling nervously.

"Obviously. That's why I'm asking," George deadpanned.

The zombie only smiled. He reached his arms out and adjusted the letterman on George's shoulders. "Looks good on you."

"Everything looks good on me," George stated. "You didn't answer my question."

Dream's hands moved down George's arms and then he was taking the brunette's left hand in his right, lifting it up to his lips. He placed a kiss in the small of each of George's knuckles and looked up, hand still held in front of his lips. "You should wear it to every game now."

George scoffed and swatted his hand away. "Stop trying to charm me into forgetting my question."

"What question?" Dream grinned.

George was hiding his blush with a scowl, but it really wasn't working. "You're actually annoying. The worst. Insufferable. Have I told you that yet?"

Dream smiled like a lovesick idiot.

That was all it took for George to walk away toward Karl and Tina. They were talking with Sapnap and Quackity, but George really didn't care, he just needed to get away from Dream.

Dream, however, decided it would be a good idea to follow the brunette.

While George was saying hellos to his two friends, Dream was sneaking up behind. He wrapped his arms around George's shoulders, slumping forward as his weight fell onto the brunette's back.

George almost jumped at the intrusion of his personal space. As soon as he felt the weight on his shoulders, however, he knew it was the zombie.

He turned his head upward, meeting Dream's grin as he did. "What the hell are you doing?" he whisper shouted.