Chapter Three

"I-I can't begin to express how grateful I am! Thank you for saving me back there..." The wolf over excitedly said. 
"Yeah yeah, but one mess up and I'm turning you in, got it?" Fox said while pointing at his rival with a fork.
"Yes sir. I'll do my best not to disappoint!"
Fox let out a chuckle on accident, even though he was trying to be serious.

He then saw his waitress set down his water, "Oh, will he be joining you this afternoon?" Afternoon? The vulpine didn't realize it had already been noon, time flies by as they say.
"U-Um, yes he will be."
"Awesome! What would you like to drink sir?" She asked with a peppy attitude, she seemed to be an outgoing person Fox thought.
"I'll just have some water," Wolf replied.
"Oh, alrighty then! I'll be back!" She yelled out, causing nearby people to look in their direction. 
Of course, you will be back, it's your job. Fox said to himself.

"So, McCloud, why did have my back over there? Thought ya hated me." Wolf asked, also tapping his fingers on the table like it was a drum.
"Well, I guess you can say I didn't like how they were treating you. Yeah, you're a wanted criminal, but you did say you've changed, and I wanted to see for myself if that was true."
Wolf tilted his head down a bit, "I did cause trouble back then, and I'm sorry about that. I hate myself for every bad thing I did. Thankfully, I found a therapist who was kind enough to help me become a better person."
Fox felt surprised hearing that from someone who almost killed him several times at the beginning of his career, "What exactly changed about you? I do notice your attitude has changed since the last time we spoke."
Wolf's peppy attitude changed into a more serious, downward attitude, "McCloud, a lot about me's changed. I've begun to be sober, three months sober now, I've stopped smoking and vaping, I've stopped hanging out with Star Wolf, and I've stopped participating in criminal activity."

"Here's your water sir, by the way, are y'all ready for food orders?" Mitzi asked.
Fox's eye's widened in shock and quickly turned his head over to their waitress, "Oh u-um, yeah. I'll just have a plain burger, no sauces or anything with it. Just the bread and meat."
"Ah good choice, that's been very popular today," Mitzi replied, writing down his order in the little notebook she carried around, "and you sir?"
"Hm? Oh, I'll just take a salad, I've been on a diet for a while." Wolf said as he was scratching the back of his head.
"Sure thing! Your food will be with you soon!" And just like that, Mitzi was skipping away towards the kitchen.

Wolf looked back at the fox, "So, where were we?"
Fox looked back at the wolf, "Why you've changed."
"Oh, right! Yeah, therapy has been helping me so much towards becoming a better person. I hate myself for my past, but I've gotta leave that behind and move on I think." Wolf said with his arms crossed on the table.
"That's really great Wolf, I love that you've had a change of heart," Fox said heartily.
"Yeah, I just wish I'd done that sooner...but my whole life has been nothing but brokenness, I think I just...snapped one day, and didn't really recover," Wolf said, looking towards the floor.
Fox raised an eyebrow and wondered if what he was going to ask would be too much trauma for Wolf, but he decided to ask anyway, "What exactly happened in your life?"