This is Just the Beginning

Saren's POV

I laughed as I watched the ship being blown to bits as the passengers of the ship waited in the cargo hold. I turned to Destiny with a smirk on my face, "Looks like your friends just paid a visit." Not giving her the chance to respond, I walked down to the cargo area and clicked my tongue. "Well well, lookie here. It's the team who is hunting me down." The four of them looked at me, hatred in their eyes and that just spurred me on.

"Please, Saren. All I ask is for you to stop all of this. There is no need for a war."

"Silence! Garrus, you knew how long I've wanted this. You know me better than anyone. We were partners in crime. We did stuff together. Why don't you join me?"

"To hell with that, Saren. I don't want to be part of your mass destruction plan. I'm here to end it."

I shook my head, "You really believe you can take me down? Look around you! There's Geth and Reapers in this room. Just one movement and you're dead on the floor."

"Saren....." I looked at Liara, waiting for her to continue. "There's absolutely no need to do this. We can keep the Geth alive but not as enemies. You don't want to destroy the entire galaxy then rebuild it with the Reapers or the Geth."

"And that's where you're wrong, Dr. T'Soni. I do want to destroy the galaxy then rebuild it. By the way.....an old friend is helping me out."

Footsteps approached us and I smirked as Liara's eyes widen at the figure besides me. "M-mother?! How could you?!"

"Liara.....there's a reason why I'm doing this. I believe that the Reapers should control our galaxy and perhaps invade the Milky Way." She stares at the human as she said this part. The human snarls, "Over my fucking dead body."

"You really do have a death wish." I laughed, "You really crack me up." I snapped my fingers as the Geth escorted them to their respective cells.

Frances's POV

Fuck. I scowled as I was shoved into the cell alone. Garrus was right next to me and Liara and Grunt were across from us. I touched the back of my head only to feel dry blood. My eyes widen, "Hal?! Stormy? Garrus, have you seen them?!"

"Relax, human." Saren walked over to my cell and opened it to let Stormy and Hal in before locking it up. I knelt down and pet Stormy to calm her down.

"Ugh, what an asshole."

"You don't say?"

"Shut your Turian ass up."

"ENOUGH! I will NOT be locked up only to hear you two argue. Hell, I might as well kill you both."

Liara chuckles coldly, "Mother is working with Saren......I can't believe this. My own mother turned on her people. She's the last person I'd expect to do that."

"Same with Saren. I didn't expect him to take it this far." Garrus sat against the wall. "This is.......ugh, I can't even describe it."

The doors open and we all looked up to see Saren holding Destiny in his grip. "Listen up.....if ANY of you decide to escape, I will kill the girl. Without any hesitation. Ok?"

We all nodded and he was satisfied with that as he shoved her into my cell. "Have fun." He walks off, doors shutting behind him.

I played with my fingers, suddenly anxious to make eye contact with her. She taps my shoulder and I had no choice but to look down at her, still anxious. What can I say? I have an anxiety disorder. Can't really help it.

"Are you ok, Frances? I was really worried about you."

I nodded, still not talking. I was talking just fine five minutes ago and now I'm mute? The fuck?

"Can you talk?"

"Yea, she can. She's just nervous." I can hear the smirk in Garrus's voice. That bastard......

She laughs, "Oh yea? Why?"

"I don't know." I sounded like a 5 year old whining and I growled at myself as I heard Garrus, Grunt and Liara snicker. "SHUT UP." Their laughter slowly died off and it was my turn to smirk.

"C'mon, there shouldn't be a reason to be nervous around me."

I cleared my throat, "You're right. I shouldn't be nervous. And to answer your earlier question, I'm fine."

"Pfffft, she was a nervous wreck since the minute Saren took you away."

"SHUT UP GARRUS." Ok, he's getting on my nerves.

"That's sweet."

I let out a nervous chuckle, rubbing my neck. She took a seat next to me and laid her head on my shoulder and sighed deeply, "I really missed you. I was worried about you and kept thinking how that I could never see you again and that literally broke my heart." As she talked, her voice cracked with each word as I listened intently. "I'm just so glad that I saw you again, Frances."

"I'm glad too, Destiny. I'm happy to see you as well."
---------------
"Frances?"

"Hmmm?"

"Can't sleep?"

"No, this bed is so fucking uncomfortable. Seriously, the fuck?" She laughed as she slaps my arm playfully.

"Hey......can you sing?"

I burst out laughing then looked at her and I immediately stopped, "Wait, you're serious?"

"Hell yea."

"Well......I only sang one song with my mom.......not that I ONLY listen to one song. It's just.....the only song that was special to me and reminds me of my mom because.....it was the first song we've ever sung together. I've sang several songs but this one is special." I told her about my past and she was fine with it and that just surprised me.

"Well......can I hear it?" I nodded and took a deep breath before singing softly.
"In the day, in the night
Say it right, say it all,
You either got it or you don't
You either stand or you'll fall
When your will is broken
When it slips from your hands
There's no time for joking
There's a hole in the plan,
Oh, you don't mean nothing to me
No, you don't mean nothing to me
But you got what it takes to set me free
Oh you could mean everything to me
I can't say that I'm not lost and at fault
I can't say that I don't love the light and the dark
I can't say that I don't know that I'm alive
And all of what I feel
I could show
You tonight you tonight
Oh, you don't mean nothing to me
No, you don't mean nothing to me
But you got what it takes to set me free
Oh you could mean everything to me
From my hands, I could give you
Something that I made
From my mouth, I could sing you
Another brick that I laid
From my body, I could show you
A place God knows
You should know that space is holy
Do you really want to go?"

"That's.....a beautiful song."

"Thank you......" I drifted off as I felt her kissing my cheek gently. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

And this was just the beginning......

(Song is 'Say it Right' by Nelly Furtado)