Chapter 8

My head slammed against a window with a thud, altering me to wake up. I glanced down at my shoulder to see a little blond bundled up in a blanket resting on it. Tiredly, I took a deep breath and looked around the bus. All my friends were asleep along with most of the other passengers. It was dark outside with small stars dotting the sky. Nagisa muttered something about being cold and rubbed up against me, stealing some of my blanket now. Slowly, I ran my fingers through his hair, twirling the soft locks carefully. His face cracked into a sleepy smile as he hummed. Surely, he was still asleep but he managed to wrap his arms around me and dig his head further into my shoulder. It didn't hurt, but acted as a heater from the frigid air of the bus.

The ride wasn't supposed to be long, only about five hours. However, we were late the first time getting to the bus stop and was forced to get onto a later schedule. It seems that we were always running late for things. Haruka was always busy soaking in his tub or cooking mackerel for no real reason. Makoto was stuck with trying to drag Haruka out of the house on time, but always failed. Nagisa was one of those kind of people who get more excited about doing something and never really think about it. All he did was talk about how fun the trip would be and what he would bring, without ever packing anything. So, right before we were supposed to leave, he was frantically running around his room tossing stuff into a suitcase. Of course he forget about half of the things he needed.

I know that he isn't an airhead, he is quite bright. Nagisa just has a habit of forgetting things or being too lazy. If he has an assignment do the next day, he'll do a project due next month instead of working on the current thing at hand. He always looks ahead, never back, but tends to forget about the moment he's living now. This isn't his fault, it's just the person he is; there's nothing wrong with that. I like Nagisa and all his little perks and quirks. Like the way he sings loudly in a quiet moment, or yells his affection towards me at a public area randomly when he sees me. I've never met someone as great as him, nor someone I've ever had such a romantic attraction to someone.

I thought about these things as I looked down at my peaceful boyfriend. For the moment he was silent, his breath soft and eyes shut. Before dozing off myself, I wiggled my arm behind his back and hugged him, tightly. Not too tight though as to wake him up, but tight enough so I could feel his presence as close to me as possible. I nuzzeled my nose on his head and quickly fell back asleep.