Journey

Maphy, on horseback, is riding through the forest; talking to himself.

"I haven't left the kingdom since just a few hours ago, I feel out of place," Maphy says to himself while looking at the trees

"I'm not too surprised that the King sent me with no one else, but he does expect too much of me" Maphy complained. Two men, also on horseback rode up beside him.

"Do ya think the king would appreciate ya saying that?" One of the men said in a low tone. The man was well built and was recognized as one of the former trainees that used to train under general Crazy. The general's name was actually Crainy, but his training was so insane, the people gave him a nickname. The other man was just a boy, Maphy assumed it was the man's son.

"How long have you been behind me?..." Maphy said warily.

"I would say about 2 hours now," the man said with a chuckle. The man found it funny, the boy remained silent. Maphy was more suspicious of the young boy than the man who had been holding his weapon the whole time. It was typical for a farmer man like him to be rude to dark men, especially in the South. Although Maphy is very close with the new king, he does not have the place to expell slavery. Maphy discontinued speaking to the man and his son, in hopes they would fall back to their farm. The man did not let up and followed Maphy all the way to his first campsite.

"Why did you follow me all the way out here?"Maphy said in a low mean tone, shaking the man. The man extended his sword slightly out of its place, but stopped and put it back in the position it was before.

"I and my friend here, wouldn't have followed you out here if we weren't ordered to come with you," The man said nervously.

"What are you talking about?", Maphy had been told by both the general and the king that he was being sent alone, so who IS this guy.

"My friends father loaded a bag and told me and my friend we needed to follow you..."

Maphy now finally understood the situation. This was a man who was friends with an underage boy. The boy's dad happened to see Maphy leave the gate and threw his son out of the gate after him in hopes they would lead to living a normal life. Sadly one is stupid and the other looks like he's so lost in thought, that he could get his arm cut off and wouldn't even notice. Maphy couldn't just send them back, they were far too dumb to actually make it back, he was forced to bring them with him. Since their bag was packed by someone else, there was more to expect. Luckily the bag had everything that was needed to bring them along with out changeing the food arrangments that were made by the chef for him. They even had their own sleeping bags. It's like the boys dad knew Staying with him(Maphy) would be the only option.

"Set up you bags in the tent and go to bed, if you two are going to follow me your gonna have to wake up early enough to do so." Maphy said with a straight face. Both the man and the boy listened, Maphy thought of it as watching two toddlers, even though he had never taken care of children before. Maphy stays up for another hour before deciding to go to sleep.