History repeats itself

Annabeth looks at her boyfriend's newly-acquired scar. It's a painful reminder, new, yet oh so painfully familiar. So much like Luke's.

It's too much for her to handle; too many memories. So she finds herself turning her head as he grins at her.

.

.

.

He loves her more than life, she loves him just as much, if not even more.

.

.

.

She watches as he tells her about how Apollo, who had been turned into a mortal, asks for his help in his quest. She laughs at him and ruffles his hair and hugs him as he pouts childishly at her. Savor these moments, she tells herself. For a moment, just for a moment, It's like there are no gods and Tartarus.

.

.

.

She finds out there are two more Pantheons. Why not, She thinks.

.

.

.

She watches in concern as Percy glares at the Temple of Jupiter in Camp Jupiter. And for a moment, she finds herself back in Tartarus with Percy, in front of Akhlys as she taunts the old woman and a dark look crosses her love-of-life's face. You are not in there anymore, says a small part of her brain. 

She is snapped out of her vision when her Percy grabs her hand and says "Come on, You'll simply adore the architecture in there." She smiles softly at him.

.

.

.

Everything's fine, don't pay attention to the fact that he's a acting a little too much like Luke.

.

.

.

It happens 3 months after Apollo, or Lester (She would've never believed that that arrogant god uses that name on a regular basis now) more or less turned back into a God.

They were at Camp Half-Blood for a quick visit, and it was a normal day, mind you, it  was as normal as the life of twice-saviors of Olympus can get (Extremely disastrous and not recommended for normal demigods). And they were swarmed with a bunch of campers. She did not like kids, but Percy did, so, for purely his sake, she was there. But then, all went to Hades.

Dionysus yelled something in the background, looking angered and she turned around at the wrong moment, at the wrong time. 

She felt her consciousness struggling to hold on as she scattered from looking at the violent purple light. She died with a smile on her face.

.

.

.

Not that much was left for her body to burn.

.

.

.

Annabeth opened her eyes in Elysium, coming face to face with Luke and Jason, similar concern etched on their faces. She smiled. But it didn't reach everyone's eyes, and wasn't fooling anyone.