Just One Beat

Just One Beat

Chapter one

The wind in my hair, sun on my body, I felt free, it felt good, skating along the boardwalk, and then whilst I was looking out at the sea, sun, beach, sand and many people on the beach, it happened.

I met; him.

He goes by the name ‘Jai’, pronounced ‘J’ or ‘Jay’, I knew I recognised him from somewhere, but couldn’t put a name to it.

As I was skating I turned back to look at Brittany, my best friend, who was looking beautiful as always. She looked back at the beach hotties we passed on the boardwalk, and just in the moment I was turning my head back to look where I was going, I bumped in to Jai, whilst Brittany was uncontrollably laughing, I was apologising, and just when I looked up, the sun decides to beam me in my eyes.

“Haha, Nah it’s cool” He said

“I’m Jai”

“I’m Aliah” I said, trying to contain my smile.

He pushed me out of the sunlight as he could see it was bugging me and in my eyes. And just then I saw his gorgeous face. Right then and there I knew I was in love, or in something deep. I continued to smile at him until he spoke.

“How old are you”?

“16, and you”? I quietly whispered whilst trying to keep my chuckles down.

“Yeah 16” he said.

I smiled.