Epilogue

Colony 9

-6 months after the recreation of the universe-

It has been 6 months since the great war with Zanza, 6 months since I last had a Machina body, 6 months since the world was crumbling. Now, we are all finally whole and at peace. Homs, Machina, Nopon and even High Entia now all live in harmony with one another. As I walked along the cobbled path, I could hear the bustling chatter of people all around me. I started making my way towards the residential district to look for Shulk, rows of yellow Nopon walking hand-in-hand with Homs passing me as I went by. A dragonfly zips by as I start passing the rustic archway towering over me, leading towards the centre of the colony. Arnaut is haggling with a Homs lady, trying to get an ether lamp for a cheaper price by the shops near the main entrance... Before I could find Dunban, I could hear Vangarre shouting from a distance. "You idiot!! Are you trying to kill me?!". It seems that one of his inexperienced soldiers had crashed a mobile artillery into a nearby house. "I'm really sorry, Colonel!", the soldier replied.

"Sorry? What do you mean, sorry?! Squat jumps around the entire colony! Fifty laps! Now!". I laughed, same old Vangarre...

I hear someone talking from a distance, Dunban and Otharon are going over trade operations with Vanea and Miqol. A huge armu carrying merchant supplies passes by me, blocking the way forward. I squeeze past making my way towards Dunban and the group.

"Ah yes, that's excellent. So you can take the materials to district four?".

Otharon replies "The restoration's coming along nicely".

"Thanks to Melia and Vanea.The High Entia and the Machina have some amazing technology," Dunban said.

"We are happy to help," Vanea responds. "To live alongside one another in harmony. After all, I have no doubt, This is what Lady Meyneth and Egil would have wanted".

"Here, here. And may it last forever" Dunban acknowledged.

"Dunban?" I ask.

"Fiora!" He turns around, "What is it?".

"Have you seen Shulk?".

Dunban looks around, "He just left. I don't know where he's gone, but he was with Reyn and the others''.

"Okay. Thank you." As I depart, Dunban starts to say something else,

"Fiora!". I turned around,

"Yes?". He looks at me along with Otharon and Vanea,

"It's nothing. Good luck!" he stammered.

I start making my way up towards the side of the colony where Outlook Park lays. It's a place where me and Shulk always used to spend time together. I walk through the tall grass and spot Melia, staring out towards the colony.

"If you're looking for Shulk, he is not here".

"Amazing" I chuckle as I approach her. "It's like you've got eyes in the back of your head." I look at her and then gaze at the colony. "What were you looking at? The sea?".

"I wasn't looking at anything in particular. If anything Fiora, I was thinking. Thinking about the future that awaits us all". I was at a loss for words.

"Wow. You're so much more thoughtful than me".

"Really?'' Melia turns to look at me. "I don't think so. I was just answering your question".

I smile, "But I know what you mean. You're right. We've been through alot".

"Yes. We have" Melia glances back at the colony. "I am grateful to all of you. It is because I met you that I have experienced so much. You're the reason I am here now".