fin.

Yunjin is sitting down on the edge of her bed, letting her legs dangle on the side just beside the ladder. She absentmindedly stares at the bed below hers ㅡ the bed that was once owned by Yoona before she had to leave the orphanage.

It's weird seeing the bed empty. By this time around, Yoona would still be asleep there even if Yunjin had already called her name multiple times. What can she say? She sleeps late. Not the 11 pm kind of late, but the 6 am one. And although Yunjin admits that it was difficult to wake her up, she can't deny how much she enjoyed mornings like that.

Yunjin climbs down when she sees her Jihyo-unnie stop by their door. Jihyo is one of the orphanage staff whose job is to, well, remind the children of the time. Similar to today, she would call the children to go to the dining hall when their meal is served. She would also get the children ready for bed when it was nearing their bedtime. And of course, she's also assigned to call the children when there are adults interested in adopting.

"Good morning, Jinni!" Yunjin smiles when she heard her nickname. Only Yoona would call her that. Yoona and Yunjin gave each other nicknames because they think it was cute. It was. Now that Yoona isn't here with them, Jihyo started calling her by her nickname (with Yoona's permission, of course). Yunjin thinks it's thoughtful.

"Good morning, unnie." She greeted back. She let the younger children run out of the room, as always, before following them to make sure nobody gets left behind. It just feels right, you know? Even if it's not her responsibility, being the oldest child in the orphanage makes her want to look out for the little ones.

Once they reached the dining hall, the children were quick to sit in their usual spots. Yunjin quietly sits on the corner beside Jihyo.

"How are you doing these past few days?" The woman asks, her eyes filled with concern.

"I've been doing better." Yunjin looks down, "I still miss having Sullyoon around here though."

Jihyo gives her a sympathetic look. It's already been around three weeks since Yoona left; she can't deny that she misses the girl, too. The teen was an absolute angel to them all. She was kind, polite, and caring. Even though she was shy, she never failed to comfort the younger children especially when they didn't get adopted yet.

"Her birthday's tomorrow," Yunjin mentions, blankly staring at the food in front of her. "I'm usually excited to celebrate her birthday with her, but she's not here anymore. It won't be the same."

"I understand how you feel, Jinni. Do you want to give her a call instead? Let's give her a birthday call tomorrow, yes? I'm sure her parents wouldn't mind."

The bright smile that Jihyo received from Jinni made her heart melt. She swears she'll do everything to get the pair back with each other.

"Good morning, sunshine!"

Yoona groans and covers her ears with her hands. She turns around her bed to shield her face from the unwelcomed sunlight coming from the wide glass windows in her bedroom.

Yunjin never woke her up like this. She'd usually wake her up calmly until now that is.

"Let's get up and start our day! It's almost 9."

"Jinni, you're too noisy. Stop."

Yoona hears a small laugh. "Last time I checked my name it was Sana, silly girl. Come on, Tzuyu made us breakfast."

Sana? As in the kind unnie who would always play with her and Yunjin in the orphanage? What's she doing in-

Oh. Right. She's not in the orphanage anymore.