eyes | bangtanmoo (jinbyul & wheetae)

Eyes - a bangtanmoo (jinbyul, wheetae) human&mermaid au
•In which her eyes are the last thing he sees from her, for now
Those eyes. They'll be etched in his mind, haunting him forever.

----------

"KABOOM!" A deep purple smoke started to fill the air as 3 girls coughed. "Wheein! What was that?" Yongsun coughed, fanning away the smoke desperately, praying that the bright purple smoke would not seep through the crack of their dorm room's door. "Unnie... cough cough..." Wheein managed to choke out, desperately fanning the smoke away. "I wanted to see what would happen if you mixed seaweed and fish smoke together with sea dragon blood! How would I know cough cough it would end up like this!"

Boom!

The dorm door burst open and there stood Moonbyul, her books in one hand with a necklace dangling in her other hand, her bag slung on one shoulder and her eyes a dark red. She stepped in and shot a glare at the 3 as she pushed the door shut with the heel of her shoe. "What did I say about making mixing trinckets in the dorm without prior knowledge?"

"Sorry unnie! But I just wanted to know what mixing seaweed, fish smoke and sea dragon blood would be like!" Wheein said sheepishly. Moonbyul sighed, "It's okay to experiment, but not here! The smoke actually escaped and luckily no one was outside in the corridors!" Moonbyul then made the smoke disappear with a wave of her hand. Being the only sea witch among the mermaids, it was a useful thing. While mermaids could control water and make potions, sea witches had magic running in their blood, giving them magical abilities that mermaids and mermen didn't have. Wheein, Yongsun and Hyejin on the other hand, were mermaids and had the ability to manipulate water.

As Moonbyul's eyes returned back to their original colour, dark brown, she slipped on her necklace, crafted specially by a team of scientists, the necklace was given to all merpeople as soon as they were born so that so that they could travel on land, a bit like a passport. The necklace consisted of a blue and white swirl made out of water gems placed against a silver backing. The necklace would also open up to reveal the identity of the merson, purple for sea witches and green for mermaids. It also acted as a power supressor that would supress a mermaid's water manipulating abilities and a sea witch's magic abilities only on land, and was to be worn at all times.

Moonbyul quickly slipped on the necklace which all 4 wore and she felt her powers falter, something she did not like but had to deal with. "I'll go take a shower." Yongsun said as she left to their bathroom as Moonbyul set down her bag and books on her personal table, while Hyejin, who had already completed her homework from the human university, worked on the report about humans, stating what she had learnt about the species since she joined the human university 3 weeks ago.

-

Moonbyul ran. 

She was running late, with only 5 minutes to spare

The others were still sleeping as their classes all started later than hers. In Coirus, her hometown, she would have used her magic to teleport to her class, but in fear that people would discover her identity, she ran with all her might, trying to go as fast as possible while avoid people, which she succeeded in doing.

She made it to class with 1 minute to spare.

Going up to her seat right at the back of her class, she sat down and took out her books. All 4 had joined dufferent courses to expand the number of students they could research on. Moonbyil joined a photography and culilary course. Of course, she wasn't really learning muchbin these classes. She would spend half the classes listneing to the teacher and the other half observingbhow students reacted, especially during courseworks.