chapter 7

7

7

"Where did she go?" I snapped, standing over one of Taehyung's friends.

He had no idea who I was talking about at first but I should have known his mind would go straight to Lucia. I'd already forgotten about our shenanigans in the library, courtesy of Mila.

"Who, Lutia?" He looked too drunk to even know his own name, so it was no surprise that he fucked up hers. "She's probably getting eiffel-towered in the bathroom."

That kind of shit never appealed to me - staring at another dude whilst I fucked a girl or received a blowy, I don't think so.

"I'm talking about Mila." My patience was wearing thin.

"What do you want with Mila?" he scoffed. "Girls like her would rather drink vomit than date a fuckup like you."

My fists were clenched, the whites of my knuckles almost splitting through the skin. I grabbed his hoodie, dragging his body from the couch so that he was close enough to hear every word I said as clear as day.

"It's a good thing I only want to fuck her then."

"Good luck with that, buddy, because I think you'll find Tae has already beat you to it."

Burgundy. Scarlet. Carmine. Vermilion. Fucking Red. All I saw was fucking red.

No, I refused to believe Mila would stoop that low. But then again, the bastard was being good to her and I couldn't tell if she was falling for it or not.

Taehyung was a liar, a scumbag, and a dirty cheat but somehow he had managed to successfully hide that all behind this clean-cut football captain facade. He was the reason Lucia was so insecure and begging me and half the school to fuck her. I was not letting Mila meet the same fate.

And I know what you're thinking, but listen, I may have been a lot of things back then, but I never pretended to be something I wasn't.

"He's not going to touch a single hair on her perfect little head." I threw his friend down, making sure he missed the couch and hit the floor. I could only hope that crack I heard was his tooth.

With every room I burst into, my heart pounded a little harder in my chest. All of the beds were occupied with naked singletons getting absolutely railed like it was their last day on earth. They weren't even surprised to see me either. I still remember when everyone was terrified of the rumour mill and avoided sex at all costs.

"Has anyone seen Mila?" I would ask and get the same unhelpful reply.

"Get the hell out, bro!"

As I came wandering out of the last bedroom, I body-slammed someone and their drink spilled all over me.

"Watch it, dickhead!" I snapped, patting my wet shirt.

"You were the one that walked into me!"

That voice, I would recognise it anywhere, mainly because I wanted to cut his vocal cords whenever he spoke.