The Grand Empress

(mature)

You see...men are very easy to read, they crave one thing and one thing only. I'm certain we all know what that thing is. Love blossoms from our loins and nothing more, we all dream for the day where our flower is deflowered - man, woman, whatever you feel you are. We all want the same thing.

In this society however, the only flower people wish to be aware of, is a woman's and only a man should have the say in who or what tends to the flower.
In this society, you are expected to provide your flower to one person and forever be indebted to them.

Now, where's the fun in that?

As a woman, you are shamed and disgraced for intertwining with multiple men - but when a man intertwines with multiple women, and weds several wives...they are honored and spared the consequences.

Who's to say I want to blossom with only one? Who's to say I want to share my flower in the first place? That's my right just as others have a right to their own. Nothing will change that, I'll make sure of it.

Oh, but do you know what I really lust for? More than anything?

Power. The ability to do what I want, when I want.

I was blessed with the beauty of a goddess, and the mind of a ruler...why not use it to my advantage? Why waste such talents?

So, you know what I did?

I married every Emperor, and their brothers. The Kings.

100 men, 50 Emperors and 50 Kings - all bowing at my feet with sealed lips... they know what happens if they dare protest. I have them wrapped around my blood-soaked fingers and there's nothing they can do about it. Just the sound and vision of them submitting to me drives me to ecstasy, I can just feel the smile growing on my face.

"Your Majesty!"

The smile from my face disappears as a familiar voice echoes through my temple. I turn my head, my eyes projecting a glare cold enough to make her shiver.

"How dare you interrupt me." I sneer, impatiently adjusting the ties on my robe.

"Your Majesty, I hold a significant message!" The messenger insists, holding her breath after every sentence. One slight crack or dip in her tone could be her demise...and she knows.

"Your thirteenth husband, Emperor Cyro and his brother King Gyle have been overheard discussing arrangements for your assassination, Your Majesty. Tonight." The messenger breaks the news to me.

"Is that so?" I reply, unfazed by the whole thing.

Why?

Well...I already knew.

"I will alert the guards immediately, Your Majesty!" The messenger persists, ready to storm the cellar and round up my boys.

"Oh, that will be unnecessary. I will deal with this myself."

The messenger shifts her weight, withdrawing into herself - a look of hesitancy decorating her face.

"This is a personal matter, darling."