"nameless monsters above the sea of fog" || 26

gray clouds covered the sky and the fog, like a deep ocean, spread throughout the area.
the train was running on the tracks, with passengers commenting on the unexpected shift of the weather.
it was so sunny in the morning, and suddenly the fog and grey clouds started to take over,
others commented on situations of their lives, and others did not speak at all.

Johan and the artist stood still in their seats, he reading a book, and she enjoying the aesthetics of the gloom of the fog.
he wanted to take out her sketchbook right now and draw with charcoal what she saw.

but unfortunately, their luggage was well packed and stored in a safe place.
The younger girl's gaze shifted to the man next to her.
she did not know much about him, nor did she know whether she was making the mistake of abandoning everything and leaving with Johan to live with him in Prague, she felt a little uncertainty.

but then she remembered all the time they spent together as a couple.
she unfolded her body, her mind, her soul and most importantly:
she entrusted him with her heart.
To this day he kept it in his arms in a safe place, protected it from the world, he cried when she cried too, he felt happy when she felt happy..
the truth is it's a complete mystery to her how he came into her life.

but Johan was also asking that question.
"Who is she, and how did she suddenly come to me?"

but neither of them cared about the answer, they both live for the present, not the past or the future, at least not anymore.

and though she saw ambiguity, Y/n believed and relied on her intuition, and also, she trusted Johan.

he never betrayed her, even helped her find her lost self somewhere in the past.

"It's beautiful when it's all dark and gray outside." he said, capturing the girl's attention beside him, taking her out of the thoughts she had sunk into.

she smiled and turned to look into his eyes.
"The fog reminds me of a painting i saw a long time ago..." he continued his sentence.

"Of which painting?" she asked.

he stood up and walked in front of the big window with his hands on his back, he turned to look at her with a soft smile on his face.

"Wanderer above the sea of fog" he replied and his gaze moved towards the view of the landscape from the outside.

she smiled and stood up from her seat.
they looked at each other for a while as they held hands.

for both of them it felt like when they were together even the fog preventing them from seeing the future or the past could not stop them  from living a calm life, and loving each other very much.

the taller blonde man pulled Y/n closer and their lips connected into a small gentle kiss.
the kiss had a deeper meaning to both of them now.

it felt like it was going to last forever, the feeling of their hearts connecting on a deeper level and becoming one.

as they shared this beautiful moment together the sky got clearer and the sun light was breaking through the gray clouds making everything look alive again.

the fog slowly started to fade away.
it looked like a sign from the universe.
the future will be bright and clear for both Y/n and Johan.

the calm life they both desire to have together will become reality after some time.

The End

_______________________________

A/N: finally the story reached its end, it was hard for me to decide what the ending will be, at first i thought of something tragic, but then i thought of ending the story in the train traveling for Prague together, would make a little more sense, im so proud of this story,and thank you for reading and being here on this journey with me hope you enjoyed the ending i love you and take care <333