WISHMAKER

The sunset light was tinting the calm waters of the Seine reddish, while on the bridge the figure of the boy with his inseparable guitar at his shoulder paused to gaze at the play of light reflected on the river.

Luka Couffaine was still visibly pensive about the whole unexpected day.

Not only had he finally had the audacity to say clearly what he wanted to do, for besides playing his greatest dream was to be able to make instruments with his own hands, but he had also had to fight against an akumized one who could grant the wishes that lurked deep within the childlike side of every person he struck. That day he had also made the most disconcerting discovery of his entire life.

Beneath the mask of Chat Noir was the famous face of Adrien Agreste.

He should even have realized that Chat Noir's behavior was exactly like Adrien's, always ready to put everything of himself on the line to make the people around him happy (or in the case of the cat hero, make his lady happy). And with all the good qualities he had, as well as the huge heart of gold he had, that blond boy really deserved to own that miraculous, given also the lifestyle to which his father forced him, always a recluse in that huge mansion all alone, escorted on sight in those few times he was allowed out only to attend some photo shoot or publicity event. But always facing everything with a smile on his lips and eyes bright with life.

Yes, Adrien Agreste had the right spirit to be able to easily tame that kwami troublemaker Plagg.

Or at least that was the version Sass told him about the kitten of destruction whenever he was entrusted with the snake miraculous by Ladybug...

Ladybug...

Luka found himself sighing disconsolately, increasingly aware that Marinette was now even more unattainable for him. The same girl she had turned out to be under the black-dotted mask.

That same girl with whom he had fallen madly in love, and and now that he knew her secret identity, he understood what Chat Noir had seen in the most beloved heroine in all of Paris.

For in addition to having a curvaceous and graceful form when she hurled herself between the city's buildings on her yo-yo, the raven had repeatedly shown herself to be a resolute and self-confident person as well as displaying enviable courage, except when confronted with her secret love.

The guitarist nervously ran a hand through his hair, thinking back to how many times he had seen Ladybug behave exactly like Marinette in front of the blond boy, babbling rambling things and randomly thrown words, or risking running into some obstacle because the heroine's attention was directed elsewhere.

Revealing herself more and more as "an extraordinary girl, as clear as a musical note and as sincere as a melody. You are the music that has been playing in my head since the first day I met you."

Those were the exact words he had used when he had looked into her blue eyes and declared himself, still remembering how her cheeks had puckered, making her look even more adorable than she already was by nature.

Just as when they had dated during that brief time they had been dating, and the blush had reappeared on Marinette's beautiful face when he was about to kiss her that first time at the movies, almost making what had been one of his deepest and longed-for wishes come true, even though he knew full well that sweet little Marinette was still in love with Adrien.

But then there had been that secret that she kept from him during her sudden disappearances, and now that Luka knew the truth about the secret identities of the two most beloved heroes in all of Paris, he was becoming more and more aware inside himself that he could never win the heart of that girl so sunny and full of life.

After all, who could ever compete with the heroic blond boy with a heart of gold?

Certainly not him!

Luka let out yet another disconsolate sigh, running his hand through his strands of hair again and mussing them even more, before readjusting his beloved guitar on his shoulder and smiling as he made the hardest decision of all: he would do everything for Adrien Agreste to finally open his eyes and realize how special Marinette was, while Viperion would make sure to make Lady Bug realize how adoring the loving gaze Chat Noir gave only to her.

Yes, he would be the one to act as cupid, and he was setting out to even do the impossible to finally bring together those two hearts in love that were closer than they could believe.

Because in the end, Marinette and Adrien deserved to be happy together.

With a lighter heart and mind, Luka finally took the direction toward the Liberty, began humming a few random notes, trying to compose a melody with the two friends in mind, not noticing in his overthinking that he collided with the figure of a blonde girl with a pink topknot, both ending up tumbling to the ground.

-Sorry, sorry, sorry... It's all my fault, I got distracted and ... - She was trying to say the girl, stopping short in scrutinizing the other's face. - But you are one of Marinette's friends?

Still sitting on the floor, Luka smiled as he recognized the girl he had bumped into as the half-sister of one of Marinette and Adrien's classmates, and even though he had exchanged just a couple of hasty greetings with her, she had made a good impression on him, making him guess that she was a sweet and sensitive person at heart.

-You are also a friend of Marinette's, if I am not mistaken. - said the guitarist in turn, standing up and then extending his hand to the blonde to help her get back on her feet.

-Yes,‖ she replied in return. - We've seen each other on a couple of occasions, and maybe we haven't even been introduced....

-Zoe, right? - interrupted Luka, smiling sweetly in her direction, leaving the girl pleasantly surprised. - I am Luka.

Zoe took back between her fingers the hand that Luka was again holding out to her, squeezing it with determination, and sending a strange shiver to the boy's skin unlike any he had ever felt before.

The two boys remained like that for a few moments, looking into each other's eyes, continuing to hold that contact between the palms of their hands, while a cheerful voice was singing approaching them.

-I never saw you at my cart, otherwise I would have remembered you! Let's see what flavors I can match for this lovely young couple! - exclaimed André the ice cream maker, beginning to tinker with his entire arsenal to compose his famous lovers' ice cream.

Luka and Zoe looked at each other in return, smiling at each other and motioning to the ice cream man that yes, they would gladly take and share one of his delicious bowls of ice cream.

And as the girl stood excitedly watching the movements with which the man composed his creation, a new melody came to life in the boy's mind.