1

"No Chloe I can't." I speak sternly but still smirking at my best friend beside me. She's been pestering me all morning to get me to go out but I'm not a club person, and i especially hate being around so much sweaty bodies.

I have so much more I can do in life than to stand in a building full of sweaty drunkards.

"Please Florence, you haven't been out in foreverrrrr," she pleads pulling at my arm "And plus there is a new club in town, I've heard it's not that busy." I look down at her to see her eyes open wide as she hurls at me holding onto my shoulders in excitement, "AND maybe you can meet someone!" She exclaims happily clapping her hands.

I'm not the dating type, I just don't think anyone can reach my very, very high standards.

Fuck novels and their amazing fictional men.

And the fact that I just struggle to trust people. I guess.

"Chloe you know how I feel about dating." I shake my head sighing, "If i go would you leave me so I can finish?" I ask finally meeting her eyes that are still wide and coursing with adrenaline, "YES! You won't regret it. Trust me." She states hugging me tightly and pecking my cheek telling me when to be ready and what time she'll pick me up.

Chloe isn't the pushy type, we've been friends since elementary so we know each other inside and out. She knows when she can push me and when she can't. And she also knows when I simply need a push to go out there when I drift away from the real world.

Right now is one of those times, recently I've been so occupied with finishing my studies as a psychology major, that I've barely had time for myself. I'm not planning to have any more classes for the next month so going out doesn't sound too bad. Maybe the part about meeting someone new too.

After — That, I haven't been able to go out again with anyone, I just didn't know who I could trust. But maybe- Just maybe it's worth a shot again.

Let's hope I don't regret it.

"ARE YOU READY?" Chloe screams at me from outside of my room. Smoothing down the sides of my dress, I turn and pick up my purse, "YES COME IN!" I scream back and almost immediately she opens the door and her jaw drops.

I do the same thing as we gawk at each other for a good minute. I take in her red, silk, thigh high dress, matched with a pearl necklace around her neck, black pointy heels and a black purse around her shoulder. Her hair is in a ponytail, two braids dangling in her face along with matching pearl earrings.

I mean I'm straight but fuck me if a woman looks good you know damn well I'm gonna stare.

Me on the other hand am wearing a similar black silk, thigh high dress, with white heel-boots that go right above my knee. My hair is out and one side is clipped back by a bobby pin I found in my purse. Didn't want to look too basic. Also wearing a diamond necklace with matching earrings.

After about a minute of practically drooling over each other, she straightens her posture and checks her watch, "Let's go hot stuff, gonna miss our uber." She winks after walking away, I quietly laughed and shaked my head following her out.

The uber ride was silent. Mostly because whenever we call an uber, we specify that we are deaf so that nothing happens. It usually works but some creepers still try something.

We arrive to the supposedly new bar after about 10 minutes realizing it's not that far from my flat. Chloe claps her hands and almost literally drags me out of the car by my hand and dropping it with a sigh as she stares at the front of the bar.