Almost is never enough | Hangman/Rooster

OC is a musician and produced a song after she caught Hangman cheating. Rooster comforts her and they get closer...

DON'T PLAY THE SONG YET! I'LL INDICATE WHEN TO PLAY!!

PROMPTS:

29. 𝔗𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔩𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔥𝔲𝔯𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔫𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢.
30. ℑ 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔞 𝔥𝔬𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔟𝔢 𝔪𝔶 𝔤𝔦𝔯𝔩𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡.
45. 𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱, 𝔦𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱.

******************

I had arranged with Phoenix to surprise Jake at his place while he was staying in Miramar for his Top Gun training. With me having travelled a lot due to work I had struggled to make time to go and see him. I had a small satchel bag on my shoulder, the little memory book inside to give to him as an apology. I used the key I had to his apartment and let myself inside, walking in and gently putting my keys on the counter to keep the fact I was there a surprise. I crept around when I heard a noise coming from Jake's room and decided to listen to what was happening, 
"I love you so much, Maya." I heard Jake say, and I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces as I overheard the conversation between the two, them both being lovey-dovey.

I felt the tears streaming down my face as I took the small photobook out of my bag and swung the door open, the creak of the door drawing Jake and Maya's attention over to where I stood looking like an emotional wreck, "Well done, Seresin. I hope you're proud of yourself." I threw the book onto the bed beside where the two of them now sat looking guilty, Jake's eyes filling with tears as I turned and ran, leaving the apartment. 

As tears streamed down my face, I looked down at the ground, the saltwater blurring my vision so much that I didn't notice the person in front of me, walking straight into them. I looked up at them, wiping my tears away as I recognised the figure, him recognising me in turn, "Kore?"
"Roo," I frowned, the tears filling my eyes again as I hugged him tightly, "Hey what's happened? Talk to me, sweetheart, what's going on?"
"J-Jake h-he," I took a deep breath, looking up at the brunette as he held me just as close, "H-He's cheated on me with another girl. I-I-I don't--"
"It's okay, don't overwhelm yourself. Let's go find Phoenix and the others and take a breather, okay?" I nodded as he put a gentle kiss on my forehead, "That asshole won't hurt you anymore." He let go of me, simply putting an arm over my shoulder to hold me in an attempt to comfort me as the two of us left the building.

"D-Did you not need to see someone here?"
"Yeah," he replied, "You."
"How did you know I was going to be here?" I asked, a sniffle escaping me as I hiccupped, Rooster giving me a small smile, "Phoenix told me you were coming to surprise Bagman. I figured I could come to see you while you were seeing him," he frowned, "I'm sorry Kore if I had known I would've told you."
"I know you would've, Roo," I replied, "It's not your fault. I should have seen this coming."

The two of us shared a sympathetic look, Rooster sighing, "Come on then, let's get you to Phoenix." And with that, the two of us left.

*******************

We arrived at the Hard Deck about 20 minutes later, me and Rooster arriving in his Bronco and walking into the bar to find Phoenix with Bob, Fanboy and Payback at the pool table. Phoenix immediately noticed the two of us and ran over after seeing my tear-stained face, now having calmed down from the previous event, "Oh my God Persephone what happened?"
"He cheated," I replied, now numb to the fact that it had happened. Phoenix's soft gaze turned into a hard glare, "I'm gonna kill him."
"No don't," I replied quickly, "I need my best friend right now, Nat."