Synopsis: Ghosts Of Our Pasts

Ghosts of our Pasts Synopsis:

Chapter 1.

Three years after the events of Arcane season 1.

Martin, a young Zaunite thief, is sent by his gang boss to steal a shipment of Hextech from a warehouse in Piltover. As he infiltrates the warehouse, he is shocked when he enters a room filled with neon paint drawings, to discover all the guards tied up together in an intricate bundle and connected to a bomb which would detonate if the guards move too far. He disarms the bomb, but then realizes someone is still in the warehouse with him. Someone who is toying with him.

As he tries to flee, he comes across the shipment of Hextech and hopes it's a weapon of some kind that will give him an edge against his opponent. When she comes into view, he feels his heart sink at the almost-sure realization that she's none other than Jinx, and the Hextech is not actually a weapon. Though she knocks him out for a while, Jinx lets him live, and they discover that the Hextech is some form of shield, that envelops the wearer in a blue, shimmering barrier impervious to harm.

When Jinx is about to destroy the rest of the Hextech, Martin—feeling brazen—asks her if he can have one, so his gang boss won't kill him. She offers him to play a game for it, which he accepts. Jinx wins the game, but she has enjoyed herself enough that she doesn't outright kill the ganger. Instead, she throws a bundle of grenades into the crate of Hextech devices, then uses her Shimmer-enhanced speed to run out of the warehouse. Martin sees the grenades land with a clunk and screams as he starts running.

Chapter 2.

Jinx, exhilarated by the events of the evening, is intrigued when she sees the young ganger make it out of the explosion which devastates a big part of the warehouse. On a voice-induced whim, she decides to follow him. She argues with her voices, which she has divided into three categories. Critical voice, the mean one, the one who hates her, and she hates back. Nicer voice, who usually is nice but can still be mean sometimes, and Nicest voice, who tends to be kind and tries to be helpful. She deliberately doesn't use their names anymore, thinking that doing so helps her keep them a little more under control.

The thief is clearly hurt from the explosion, and she chafes at his slow speed. During her 'chase', she glances over at the new Council tower, built after she destroyed the old one three years prior, and swears to herself that it too will meet the same fate.

Following the young thief, she watches as he accesses a stash, hidden behind the sign that used to read "Benzo's", but has now been changed into "Brelten's." After the thief leaves again, she opens the stash and is very surprised to see that he managed not only to escape the explosion, but to grab a Hextech shield before he did so. She also finds a Hextech gemstone in the stash. She wonders to herself what kind of thief is this skilled. She takes both the shield and the gem and keeps following him.

The thief makes his way over to what is clearly a gang hideout situated on an overpass, and while she tries to find a way inside to see what's happening after he went inside, a door is opened, and the thief is thrown into the closed-off alley / prison cell outside the building, clearly hurt.

She makes her way over to him and slaps him hard to get him out of his unconsciousness. The two talk, and she discovers that he works for the gang boss known as Slane, a vile piece of trash. Even though she's only been back in Zaun for a week after a two-year absence, she's already heard nothing but bad news about the new gang lord. Jinx asks the thief what happened to him, as he's badly injured and looks like a puppy that got run over by a wagon. The thief admits that he knew he would get thrashed to within an inch of his life if he didn't come back with any shields. Jinx asks why he didn't protest her winning the game, since she clearly cheated, but he just shrugs and says he didn't want to get beaten up by her.