Prologue

I honestly feel like I'm my own antagonist in my life. I feel cursed, and I believe it's true. My parents think I'm crazy for even thinking that, but I doubt that theory.

If I wanted to, I could complain about my life for days, months, and years. But how is that any different from anyone else's lives? All we do is complain and want sympathy from others. We crave that attention and compassion towards us. And those who give it to us, they want us to shut up and let them have their turn of rants.

It's my turn to complain or "express my feelings" how most put it. I'm not saying that my life is the absolute worst; I have 2 living parents that are still married. We live in a nice house. But if I wasn't apart of their lives, they really would have the perfect family they've wanted.

My sister is basically perfect at anything she does. She's the perfect girl that anyone would want. Zola mainly ignores me or pretends I don't exist. She's embarrassed of me. Apparently I'm "too destructive" or I "cause too many problems". She's never really been fond of me, and the feeling is mutual. For me, she's too much of a diva and a self absorbed brat. I will say she's alot better than most kids her age, but she's very influenced. She's 12 and acts like she's 16, which really pisses me off. We do our best to not communicate, we just move on with our lives and ignore one another. Our parents sometimes will try to get us to do something together, but it never succeeds. I get it, but just accept we don't clash.

Keaton on the other hand, he's a god. To me, he's my biggest role model. He treats me like a person. It's probably only because he's an albino and knows what it's like to feel like an outcast. But somehow (since the universe hates me) his uniqueness makes him extremely popular for some reason. He has all the friends in the world and they all accept him for who he is. Once we're at school though, he completely ignores me. I get that he wants nothing to do with his little brother who's a misfortune attraction. But I can't control him or his choices.

I say again that it's my turn to complain; if anyone has a problem with it, they can fuck right off. This is my story, this is my journey, this is my life. I will tell my story the way I want, and no one can tell me how.

All I want is structure in my life. Or just a regular one, but that'll be a miracle...