Poem Debate

Thursday.

Today is the day when we are going to have a Poem Debate. Most likely as, Mrs. Meyer is going to partner us and we should throw each line of our poems in each other's faces. Like that.

And, because of having a name just like mine, Katherine Zuniga. I'm the last. And we're thirty five. I don't have a partner. Well, I think that's pretty good.

I presented myself to be the first one to start because it will be really awkward if I'm the last. AGAIN. At least I don't have to worry about it if I finished things earlier.

The Promises

We promised to be together,
But you did everything to get her.
You said, you'll be my shining armor,
And we will be in loved forevermore.

We talked about that last night,
When we're having a nice sight.
You said, you're here for me to guide,
But now, you're not in my side.

It's everyday that I miss you,
But, I don't have anything to do.
Two words always come up on my mind,
"Stay away" we're created not to be bind.

Is it hard to understand?
It's only me who felt the fond.
"I'll be right here," you said,
But all of your love is now dead.

They gave me a round of applause, giving compliments about it.

After my poem, I just had a great time listening to theirs. It's kinda fantastic that every line, they really point something. I can't explain it that much. But, it's really great.

My favorite Poem Debate is my bestfriend and her Ex. Her name is Sherrie and her ex is Chuck.

Yesterday
by: Sherrie List

It's like yesterday, I remember
I'm your second or your either.
We're together once a week,
It's always making me weak.

You have your princess and I'm the witch,
Whatever I do, I'm still the bitch.
I don't care what they say,
But I must be strong everyday.

I keep on chasing you,
All I got was a boo.
Her friends hated me on what I'm doing,
They said, "You're the cheapest human being."

I really understand every line. Uhm. I mean, it really hits my heart cause I've been with her for all those dramatic days of being a broken hearted.

What Really Happened
by: Charles Taylor

You said you'll wait,
I gave the best I could.
I though it was great,
And you're there for good.

You said you're aware of what's happening,
I promised you that it will be okay.
Always going to be there til' the ending,
But when? Maybe it will. Someday.

You're the toughest girl I've ever met,
And I'm really sorry for all the things.
Instead of love letters, you received threats,
I just can't choose because she's my everything.

Chuck ended with an awkward smile. He looked at Sherrie's eyes, eyes that were full of sadness after listening to those words.

Things were getting gawky inside the classroom, especially, for the two. So, I decided to clap my hands and shouted "That's great!". Then the whole class just did the same.

After the English Class is the Break Time, so Sherrie and I went to the cafeteria. After ordering, we sat on the same place we are having a chill everytime. But it looks like Sherrie isn't in her normal bubbly mood.

So, I sang a simple parody version of "I Want You To Know" by Selena Gomez ft. Zedd

"I want you to know, that it's our lunch. You and me eat the same time. I want you to know, that food is yours-"

"Your voice is terrible," she said, a little bit annoyed.

"Your face is terrifying! Because of your ex who dumped you centuries ago." I said as my comeback.

"Kath, it was just a year ago. But, thanks to Mrs. Meyer. Now I know what really happened. Chuck and I never had a closure. But, I think now it's done." she said smiling.

I'm happy for her.
She can now accept what really happened.