1

*Carter's P.O.V*

It was chilling. The wind, the loneliness, the confusion. I had been running for 3 days now and I haven't eaten anything. I don't exactly know why I left. Maybe it was because I wasn't happy? I don't know. I don't care either. I'm just glad that I'm gone.

I was still walking hours later when a musky, deep voice asked, "Excuse me mam, what are you doing here with no coat? You should probably go home. Is it near here?"

I looked over to find a a man that looked about my age.

"No. Don't worry about me. I know its hard to believe because I'm a female, but I'm able to take care of myself. Also, to be quite frank, I don't care if its cold. I couldn't even tell." I lied.

" Wow. Okay. Well, I don't really remember saying that I was worried. Also, to be quite frank, I don't care if you can take care of yourself. I'm giving you my jacket." He smirked.

"Dude. Do you not get that your charm isn't working on me? I don't want your jacket that probably doesn't even keep you warm. Also, I don't want to wear a fur jacket. I'm not into animal abuse." I started walking again, but he just slowly followed in his car.

" Dont flatter yourself, darling. I'm not trying to come onto you. By the way, this jacket keeps me plenty warm and its also faux." He snapped his fingers in a sassy way and I almost smiled. Almost.

I turned to him and flipped him off. Then, I walked over to the passenger seat door, opened it and got in. He looked at me with a grin on his face. (A/N don't do this at home kids.)

" What makes you think you can give me the bird and expect me to give you ride home?" He chuckled.

" I only did it because you made me cave in. Anyways, I want you to take me to your house. I'm too far from my home." I was hoping he wouldn't ask anymore questions.

" Okay then. " He started driving again. About 15 minutes later he broke the silence by saying, "You aren't some prostitute are you? I'd rather not be arrested for trying to be helpful."

"Ha. As if. Are you some serial killer or something like that that will put me in danger?" She started to become dubious. Panicked was an understatement.

"Haha very funny. No I'm not a serial killer. Im only 19."

"Jeffrey Dahmer was 18 when he killed him first victim."

"Point taken." That made me smile.

"So where do you live?"

"Omaha, what about you?"

"I'm from Cass county. I was walking awhile." I ended that sentence in a way that made me sound like I didn't want to talk anymore, which I didn't.

*****

We drove for what felt like hours, and I just pretended to sleep so that he wouldn't talk to me.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I am exhausted. A bed would feel really nice right now. The plump feeling of the mattress and those firm pillows that your head sinks into. The thick warm blan-

"We're here!"

He ran out and opened my door for me before I had the chance to reach for the handle. So he was a gentleman. Nice.

I thanked him and went inside his apartment and looked around. Cozy. And Clean. I don't trust that.

"Do you have a maid or something?" I yelled outside to him.

" Yeah! She's called my mom. I told her not to come and clean my house, but my sister moved away last year to New York, so she insisted to come so she would have something to do."

" Is she married?"

"Nope. She's single as a pringle."

" Oh okay. This conversation is obviously going to go absolutely nowhere because I'm completely worn out. I haven't slept in a day and a half so I'm going to go to sleep. Do you have a guest room?"

I was hoping he did because I do not want to sleep on a couch. Couches are for people who are fighting with their spouse and don't care about their comfort.

" No, but I have my bedroom. I'll sleep on the couch tonight and you can take the bed. It's the second door on the left. By the way, how old are you?"

I laughed. " Im 18. Don't worry. You're safe. Oh yeah! We don't even know each other's names! Mine name is Carter. Carter Shay."

He chuckled to himself, looked up and smirked at me. " Harry. Harry Styles."

"Goodnight Styles."

He grinned. "Night Shay."

When I closed the door I leaned against it and slid down to the floor. I crawled to the bed (literally) and jumped in. As I was falling asleep I started wonder why I felt this way. I have this weird feeling in my stomach that makes me think Harry and I will have a blast together.

A/N Hey! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I would love to hear your guys' feedback and read what you guys think! Stay rad.

- Plum