I Didn't Even Get to Know You

"Alright, which subject, first, prince Fundy?" Tommy hummed, taking a seat right next to Fundy in a small circular table inside Fundy's work room.
"Hummm..my tutor was talking about Ender. I didn't understand.." Fundy smiled sheepishly, ruffling his own hair.
"Ok, we can start we that," Tommy said, relaxing his muscles, his stomach feeling way better.
Tommy stood up and paced his way towards stacks of books and notebooks on the tall shelves. He reached for a purple leather book on the top shelf, labeled "Languages". Tommy picked out a couple books that look trustworthy and brought them over to Fundy. Fundy did a big sigh before settling into his seat and flipping around the pages, scumming each section as if he could catch all the information in each flip per second. Tommy seated peacefully besides him and took out a beginner Ender book. Tommy did a small smile before starting the lesson.

Tommy could always feel calm around Fundy, no matter how energetic Fundy is, it makes Tommy feel so much better than hanging out with any other members of his family. Fundy was a toddler. There was nothing in his way of his imagination and confidence, and sometimes, Tommy wished that he could have had the same childhood longer. But it could not be helped, it was mistake...a pure accident. The throne, the crown, the title, they seemed all fake, all not belonging to him.

"So, why did they make this weird language?" Fundy finally sighed, leaning his back onto the cushions of his work chair, as Tommy looked up from a fantasy book that he was reading, labeled "The Green Festival".
"Because some people have different...races and culture. You can't be discriminating. They have their proper ways of expressing their feelings and emotions through a variety of different words and phrases such as-" Tommy explained, laying his eyes on Fundy.
"Ok ok, you're talking nonsense. I'm not an adult. It's too hard," Fundy said, sticking out his tongue before pushing himself up to his feet and pacing around the room, searching for anything more interesting.
"Fundy, back to your seat...now," Tommy demanded, placing the book he was reading onto his lap, and folding his hand on top of it.
Fundy did a small huff before sliding back into his seat.

After only ten minutes, Fundy spun the pen he was holding on his fingertips. When it fell and clattered onto the solid table, Tommy lifted his gaze up from the book, once again.
"Are you done with the writing portion?" Tommy asked, peering at Fundy's scribbly handwriting.
"Mmmn, yes. I'm taking a break now, see ya, uncle Theseus," Fundy chirped, swiftly dodging Tommy's swiping hands to pull him back, and ran out fo the room and into the corridors, slamming the door shut in an instant.
Tommy sighed and glanced at the antique grandfather clock, ticking beside the other side of the room. It was exactly four thirty. Tommy carefully, cleaned up Fundy's mess and organized it well, stacking it up on the side of the table before taking his leave from the room as well.
When Tommy stepped out of the room, Eryn was already waiting, saying something to brighten up Tommy's day.
"Fundy sure wants to get rid of you, huh," Eryn joked.
Tommy did a roll of his eyes before pushing past Eryn playfully, marching back to the gardens where he could rest and forget about everything. Tommy abruptly stopped in his path, Eryn almost bumping straight into him.
Tommy could...go to the gardens, but..there was the summer festivals.
"Eryn, was there any letters being sent back as a reply?" Tommy asked, facing his assistant.
"Yes, sir. There were actually four of them that I brought back to your room," Eryn replied.
"Hum..." Tommy murmured.
This could be a mistake, but Tommy shook the feeling off and set his mind to go to the gardens and push the plans for the festivals on a later date.
That was a huge mistake.

•••••

Tommy headed towards the gardens at a normal speed, his mind focused on what he should start off first to make the gardens nice and clean. Maybe Tommy could start off by pulling out some unnecessary weeds and plant some beautiful flowers. He could ask the gardener for some flower suggestions. Tommy had lots of plans for his secret base, not willing to share it with anyone else but himself. He would tell Fundy, but he could not risk the chance of him spilling it out to Wilbur, where then, everything will be destroyed in his path. As Tommy continued to make his way towards the garden doors, he was stopped by an eruption of energetic barks, coming from across the hallways.