And it all started with Bug Joy...

* Ali's POV *

Bug Joy was my bestfriend from second grade to 8th.

We didn't get in a fight... We didn't grow away from eachother.

I moved away.

To India.

For my father and my step-mother's wedding.

She was Indian, and he was caucasian, like me.

It's been 3 years...Since I've been back in New York.

It's the middle of Junior year.

I'm not beng homeschooled anymore.

I packed ALL my designer clothing.

And all my well, not designer clothing.

My step-mother bought me a new wardrobe, she said I needed a clean-state closet.

We actually bonded even though I said I didn't need designer, she insisted and I didn't refuse.

I'd be starting school tomorrow.

My dad, George Gill, owns a restauraunt here, "The Gill Grill" and it's doing pretty well.

I haven't seen it in a while and I am very anxious to see the new renovations... Apparently everyone in town visits it. I guess that's a good thing right? I never forgot about Bug Joy, his real name was Bugley, but he went by Bug the same way I am named Aaliyah, an exotic Arabic name meaning "high exalted one". I love my name, but can't help a nickname right?

My dad, who I called George for some odd reason, said their was a surprise for me at the Grill... But all I could think about was Bug, would he remember me? Hate me? Love me? Or would I be an acquaintance... Was he popular? I mean he could be he had his ways around, was he a nerd? Ha... Bugley a nerd, nope. He was probably the class clown.

So it was 7:15 PM. I finished unpacking, my step-mother Bahula (her name meaning a star) told me to go shower and she'd do the rest. I had to be at the Grill by 8, George would meet me there.

I decided to take my white v-neck and light-wash skinny jeans. I was walking to the bathroom when, "Aaliyah, you beautiful girl. Why you wear something my uncle daughter wear to school?" Bahula said.

I couldn't help but chuckle, "Oh Bahula, you make me laugh!"

She laughed with me, and picked out my clothes... Yep, off to the shower I went.

So I took my conditioner, "Faatina" conditioner, from India, it meant captivating and it captivated my hair! I loved leaving it in, because it still gave my dark brown hair volume, while being wavy. I parted it in the middle.

I washed myself with a box of Dove soap.

I put on my dark black high-waisted D&G short skirt, with a bit of a flare, my beige lace tank top from Hollister and my DKNY jean jacket.

I blow dried my hair, and of course, Bahuna came in.

"OH my, look here cover girl, breezy easy? Look at you! I chose a better outfit for you then you did for yourself, oh, I know you so well, so well, my girl-friend 5 high?"

I laughed again.

"High-five? Yes, and it's just girlfriend, no 'my' infront of it, and it's easy breezy but I'll let you go." I said, smilling.

"Did you notice my dress...?" asked Bahuna.

"That pretty red dress with the gold off-shoulder strap? Nope... Of course I did Bahuna, you look lovely!" I said, happily.

We went into the taxi to the Grill even though it was in short walking distance.

We went through the back into the kitchen.

I opened the door to look at the line-up, wow. A receptionist? A line-up? A uniform...

Anyways I was focussed on my surprise, I know my dad was going to tell me something about Bug, I was excited. I looked around the room... And I went into the dining hall, woah! This place expanded. There was even a stage...

People were settling in, and no more people were allowed in.

I sat on a sofa-chair in the hall, waiting for my dad to call me.

I was on my iPhone texting my friends in India.

Specifically, Hansa, Ojas and Padman... They didn't really have an accent and I could communicate with them, I told them everything.

I was smilling, staring at my screen.

My dad called me and I kind of jumped.

"Go in, sit at the first table with Bahuna." George said.

"Alrighty." I said.

And in I went... My eyes caught gaze on Bug.