The Beginning

* Bugley's POV *

Ba-boom-ba-boom-ba-boom.

My heart was beating fast, she just stared at me.

Could she hear it... No? Why didn't she say anything?

This was Aaliyah right?

She started walking away, she looked a bit disappointed.

Well, so was I.

Her dad called her on stage.

She was being an idiot, I convinced myself.

If she wanted to say the two letter word 'hi', then she could've. What an Idiot.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for coming. My wife, daughter and I, are now backhome in New York, it feels very good, and I'd like you to enjoy a welcome-back dinner, that I'm a, basically giving myself, because no one threw it for me..." said George, laughter joined.

I even chuckled myself...

"All dinner is on me, because without you we wouldn't have success for the "Gill Grill" thank YOU! Now my daughter has a few words to say..." said George.

My attention flew right there.

"Hi, ehm, everyone, I missed New York alot actually, India was amazing, but nothing is like home right? So, I didn't really organize a speech but, I'd just like to say a thank you to everyone and a special thank you to someone I used to talk to, Bug.. Bugley." Everyone clapped, as did I.

So she did remember.

She was coming down the stage stairs, towards me? No. She sat down at a table.

That was my cue, I missed my old friend. I was going to walk towards her, when I was pulled. She didn't really look, she did but quickly looked away, I don't know if she saw who pulled me. But I did, Miranda Felling, my ex.

"What the hell was that? She comes here and thinks you two are still friends?" said Miranda.

"Woah chill, I knew her before I knew you..." I said.

"Interesting, yet you're talking to me, instead of talking to her." she said.

"You mean I was talking to you..." I said, walking away to Ali.

"Hey," I sad.

"Hi." Ali replied.

Grrrrrrrreat.

"Can I talk to you?" I said...

"Sure, sit down." She said.

Haha, she never changed.

"I meant in the hall." I said, pulling my hair back..

"Right, sure thing." She said.

Sure thing? C'mon.

We walked awkwardly down the hall, sitting on the couches, I sat one seat away from her.

"So... How was India?" I asked.

"Better than here that's for sure." She said.

I lifted my eyebrow.

"Really, how?" I asked.

"They don't stare at you..." She said.

"Oh right..." I said.

She punched my arm.

"OW." I said, I couldn't help it.

"Obviously they're going to stare at me, I'm a white girl in India, Jeez,you didn't change." she said.

I laughed, "Glad you didn't either" I said smiling.

I opened my arms, "reunion hug?" I asked, with little question.

She ran towards me.

"I was so scared, I thought you'd change or something."

"Same here" I said, agreeing.

She took out something from her pocket.

My eyes opened.

"I'm not proposing idiot, it's a friendship ring from India." She said.

"Oh, no... I knew that it looks like it cost a bunch though." I said.

"Silly, my friend Padman gave to me, he was my bestfriend, and I'm giving it to you... Because um, we were." She said.

I took it.

"You mean we are..." I said smilling.

Her smile got bigger, it was incredible, her pearly whites, dimples, tan skin... A bit tanner than before.

"So, like, are we like going to like, go inside?" I said flipping my hair, jokingly.

I sat on her lap.

"Yeah, if you get off me." She said.

I seen her blush a bit.

"I have some tables to hand out menues to..." I said.

"Wait, you work here?" She asked.

"Yeah, who will pay for college?" I said, sarcastically.

"Right, sorry." She said.

"Open up." I said.

"Huh?" She was confused...

"The old Ali, was much better." I said walking away.